1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OPT7 Sidekick Sequential LED running board light install on a 4th gen 4runner

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Callmecrazybut, May 24, 2024.

1. May 24, 2024 at 4:41 AM
    Callmecrazybut

Callmecrazybut [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Vehicle:
    2008 4runner SR5 4.0
    Wheels and tires, Magnaflow Overland Catback exhaust Auxbeam 8 gang auxiliary power controller, rock lights, Garmin mini dash cam
    Hey everyone. I recently installed these fantastic lights on my 2008 4Runner SR5. Before I installed them I tried to find a good YouTube video and all I could find were, what I would consider, extremely dangerous or bad installation advice. As a former 91B (Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic) in the Army, heavy on road diesel tech, and former field service technician for Caterpillar, I have seen a few poor choices, bad wiring jobs, and catastrophic repairs. So I decided to figure out how to install these lights without using the blue pinch style wire taps, and keeping everything within the cabin where most moisture and potential corrosion wouldn't be an issue. I also did a YouTube tutorial so those of you that have wanted to install these, or other types of lights, but haven't because you didn't have the necessary knowledge or resources, can. So, I hope this helps!

https://youtu.be/1Fef1_f4mHU?feature=shared

Products Discussed in

To Top