1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Opinions on Toyo Open Country and Terra Grapplers

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by 303fail, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Mar 27, 2017 at 6:33 PM
    303fail

303fail [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 MGM TE KDSS
    Well I just received my first flat on my stock Duellers. I was leaning towards the Terra Grappler G2 but the local Toyota dealership is running their buy 3 get 1 free this weekend. If you purchase Cooper they will throw in a $100 gift card. I had looked at the discoverer at3s, but couldn't find any pics on the stock Trail rims. I love the look of the Falken atw3's as well as the K02s, but I'm planning to stay stock size and don't want to add any extra weight over the stock tires if I can. All my driving is on the road for the most part with a decent amount of highway.

I stumbled upon the Toyo's researching today and the tread pattern on the OC AT2 looks great. It also comes in weight 41 lbs per tire which is ideal. The Terra Grapplers weight the same as well. These are the leading contenders. I love the Falkens, but even in SL weight in at 46.5...2lbs more than the KO2s.

I'd love to see pics of the tires above. I've searched extensively on t4r, but have come up short.

Anyhow I'm all over the place..just want to get a set that looks decent and performs well. Thanks!

2. Mar 28, 2017 at 9:20 AM
    TedRCASC

TedRCASC New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    Put Toyo A/T tires on my '08 Mitsu Outlander. First set lasted 60,000 miles, no problems. Second set had 30,000 on it when I traded to rig, and they still looked like new. Great tires. I just hope the Goodyear Duratracs that came with the 4R do as well.

303fail[OP] and Bob like this.
  3. Mar 28, 2017 at 9:24 AM
    brochacho

brochacho New Member

Member:
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    2018 Sequoia TRD Sport
    Can't go wrong with any of the tires you mentioned. For you needs and wanting to keep the weight down I would strongly consider the Toyo's, great tires, last forever, and the new semi-aggressive AT2 tread pattern looks pretty darn good in my opinion.

303fail[OP] and Bob like this.
  4. Apr 3, 2017 at 4:24 PM
    slick

slick New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 black 4runner
    3in. front and 2in. rear lifts
    I really like the terra grapplers .I have a set on my jeep wrangler and have a set of 265 65 18 ordered for my 2016 4runner I bought a set of mayhem 18 inch wheels from Custom Offsets . I have a 3 inch front and a 2 inch rear lift installed . I will post pics when I get them installed.

5. Apr 4, 2017 at 7:51 AM
    bahndrvr

bahndrvr New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Trevor
    Melbourne, Fl
    Vehicle:
    03 SR5 V8 4Runner
    2003 4Runner SR5 v8 - Temp Front: Top hat spacer 2.5" on Tacoma struts/springs Rear: TJM/King heavy extended Tacoma shocks 315 BFG AT KO2's (35's) Thrush Welded muffler and rear watermelon delete with turned exit K&N drop in, and extra filter delete Strengthened/Welded passenger side front diff mount Front diff drop - due to the top hat spacer and massive droop.... Scion headunit CB Other stuff done, 6th 4Runner:)
    I had 2 attempts with Terra Grapples will never buy again. You can't beat the Toyo's honestly, even their mud tires last a long time, Coopers are great as well. The FAulkens not sure where you are looking but if you get the 3 ply version they are the lightest of all of them, IIRC for 285/70/17 the P rated was like 36lbs and by far the lightest, even the 285/70/17 FAulken comes in at 41 for the 10ply or heavier version so not sure where you are seeing 46 and I'm assuming for the smaller more stock size for you?

6. Apr 4, 2017 at 8:07 AM
    lodi781

lodi781 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    ARB BP-51 suspension, T-13 coils, BF Goodrich AT2 275 70 r17, Gobi rack, black oak LED single LB.
    I've had 2 sets of toyos, 1 set of goodrich AT's and now this set of falken wild peaks. The toyos are awesome. I was going to put them on my truck this time around, but they shop was out of them, the falkens were cheaper and the shop raved about them. You can't go wrong with the toyos.

bahndrvr likes this.
  7. Apr 4, 2017 at 9:13 AM
    TedRCASC

TedRCASC New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    Put Toyo ATs on my '08 Mitsu Outlander. Fist set lasted 60,000 miles with no problems, 2nd set was traded when the tires had 30,000 on them, and they still looked like new. Great tires. The dealer had put Goodyear Duratracs on the new '16 4R Trail before I bought it or else it would now be wearing Toyos. - Ted

Products Discussed in

To Top