1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Opinions on Generations

Discussion in 'General 4Runner Talk' started by MobtownOffroad, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Jun 25, 2015 at 5:46 AM
    MobtownOffroad

MobtownOffroad [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Vehicle:
    In The Works
    Alright guys, I currently have a regular cab Tacoma but just found out yesterday a kid is on the way. Love my Tacoma because of the short wheel base, good mpg and loads of aftermarket parts out there but it isn't going to cut it.

My wife's parents have a 4th and 5th gen 4Runner and I've driven both. What I like about the 4th gen is it is still small and would seem like a great truck for the trails. MPG isn't all that and they're getting to the point where they're hard to find without a million billion miles on it or they're grossly over priced with low miles. 5th gens seem like a Chevy Suburban to me and I wouldn't dare try to squeeze it down trails, plus they're still pretty expensive. I am looking for some opinions and advice on the two.

Is there something that comes in 5th gens that make it worth looking at over the 4th gen? Will be looking for four wheel drive, and not necessary worried about having leather, sunroof, etc. I would like some input on people that own them.

Products Discussed in

To Top