1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

On the way to buy a jeep but suddenly an impulse buy!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by MedicineMan4040, Dec 25, 2020.

1. Dec 27, 2020 at 11:36 AM
    alittleoff

alittleoff New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Vehicle:
    '16 TP
    Don’t bag on the DCA’s Jeep Wrangler TJ too much. Although I can’t speak for the FCA’s JK, JL and JT.
    But most, not all and I repeat, not all, later model first gens and concurrent gens, would be hard pressed to follow me on a black diamond trail.
    And don’t get me wrong, I like my 5th gen. It’s great on-road and mild trails. But when I want to rock crawl,
    I’ll take my TJ. And when I had a 3rd gen, the mild trails were fine for that but, when crawling I took my old ‘73 FJ-40.

2. Dec 29, 2020 at 3:15 AM
    AGS92

AGS92 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '19 SR5 Premium
    Nice 4Runner! What size are your Toyos?

3. Dec 29, 2020 at 7:29 AM
    GrantA

GrantA Enjoying God’s creation

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    Fully locked 2020 SR5 Premium
    - GOBI roof rack and ladder - Westcott Design Rock sliders - M.O.R.E. Underbody Skid plates - Dual ARB air compressor & ARB single compressor - LED interior lighting - Ironman 2.0 meter awning and enclosure - Ironman winch with factor55 hook - Ironman foam cell pro suspension - Ironman recovery snatch rope - Ironman recovery traction boards - lilbscustomfab Hybrid Front Bumper - lilbscustomfab BMC - RRW RR7-H Hybrid Beadlock wheels - Nitto Trail Grapplers 285/75/17 M/T - 4.88 gears - ARB front air locker - ARB rear air locker - Hi-lift jack & mount - Sony aftermarket speakers - LASFIT External LED Light Conversion - Center console organizer - Glovebox organizer - ICS phone Mount holder - C4 rear bumper with dual swing arms - C4 gas skid plate - C4 rear diff skid plates
    Thank you. I didn’t upgrade the tire size yet. :( So I am running stock size (265x70x17) as I was afraid I would start rubbing at full compression. Looking at getting the Ironman 4x4 or the fox 2.5 lift. Then I was thinking of getting 285x70x17 or bigger (if it would fit). I will approach that bridge when I get there though.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
  4. Dec 29, 2020 at 7:54 AM
    glwood54

glwood54 Stop making me buy stuff!

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    2019 OR, KDSS, RSG sliders, Eibach shocks, 265/70 Falken Wildpeaks
    I agree. However, I found that most, if not all, of the time, I found myself just driving my TJ around town, not rock crawling with it. For what I used it for, the 4R is a much superior vehicle. Plus, the sale of the TJ & my Tacoma financed the 4R purchase. I do miss the ol' TJ from time to time...until I get in my 4R. :) I find I miss the Tacoma's bed more than the TJ's off-road ability.

alittleoff[QUOTED] likes this.
  5. Dec 29, 2020 at 11:58 AM
    brownersd

brownersd You are the weakest link, buh-bye!

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Humble, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM 4Runner TRD Off-Road Premium
    +1

Nice one mate... I love these types of impulse buys. This is my 4th 4Runner, and they have never failed me, hence why I keep going back.

Cheers,

Sean

Thatbassguy[QUOTED] likes this.
  6. Dec 31, 2020 at 1:10 PM
    Pure4Runner

Pure4Runner Pure4Runner.com

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2004 4Runner, 2008 FJ Cruiser, 2010 Tundra
    Pure Branded Sliders, Icon Suspension, ARB OUtback Console, Baja Designs Lights, BajaRack Ladder, Baja Rack Spy Light System, Banks IQ Man-Machine Interface, Body Mount Chop, Bushwacker Flares, Cabin FIlter, Carbon Fiber Door Handles, CB Radio, Cowl Light Bracket, Custom Light Brackets, DBC Grille, EBC Brakes & Rotors, Edge CTS, Expedition One Front Bumper, skinny Toyo Open Country MTs, Fenix LED Hood Light, Fourtreks Mounts, Halo Headlights, Hood Decal, KC LZR LED, Locking Billet Gas Cap, MBRP Exhaust, Method Race Wheels, Overland Springs, Power Stop Brakes, Putco LED Headlights, Spring Booster, RCI SKid Plates, Rear Window Screen, Rhino Rack Awnings, Roll Top Console, Sound Proofing, Spare Tire Spacer, SPOD, Stereo Instal, Badges, Blackout Kits, Wheel Bearings and Spacers....etc..
    You made the right choice! Welcome from Texas.

MedicineMan4040[OP] likes this.
  7. Dec 31, 2020 at 6:11 PM
    MedicineMan4040

MedicineMan4040 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Vehicle:
    2021 4Runner Off-road Premium Bright White 3-2 Lift (dealer) BFG TA K02s
    Well the right choice got a TRD skid plate today, front windows tinted to match the back windows, a window tint
    at the top of the windshield, and a protective vinyl type coating on the for-front of the hood, the a-pillars, the door edges, and the mirror backs.
    Now I'm waiting out an order for a Bajarack Utility/Mesh/sun-roof cutout and an aluminum front bumper from Victory 4x4.
    After picking up the 4R I stopped at my car stereo shop where I've done business for years..showed them my 4R and asked what they'd like to do.
    He'll research over the weekend and throw a plan at me next week.
    I pick up the Snow Claws at the TireBarn (where Amazon shipped them) and will take the tires to another city for studding; no one studs tires in my little
    town :( Still waiting on the Toyota steelies to arrive and will make do with the KO2 in the mean time.
    Ditch Baja Designs ordered along with mounts. Studying 20 inch bars for the future bumper. No way I'm gonna pay $700+ for a light bar. Rough Country will
    get those dollars. Also studying the Smittybilt X20 for the winch.
    Once all that is done the only thing left to address is the rear bumper and a shelf for the cargo area, which I plan to do on my own with 80/20. We did a lot
    of 80/20 work in our home made campervan so a cargo shelf shouldn't be much of a stretch-
    [​IMG]fish eye Hiyo by Promaster Camper Build, on Flickr

8. Dec 31, 2020 at 6:50 PM
    wdsteven

wdsteven New Member

Member:
    One of the Local Toyota Dealers where I am stocks that lift for the 4Runners (I have Yet to Get a 4Runner working on it)

Products Discussed in

To Top