1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OME vs OEM opinions

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by JohnD, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Dec 15, 2019 at 3:25 PM
    JohnD

JohnD [OP] New Member

Member:
    I added OME Nitro Chargers and 2885 springs up front. I used OME Nitro Chargers and Bilstein 281817 springs in the rear. I ended up with nearly 3” of lift in the front and I think the ride was a bit stiff. I had added a compact Warn bumper, synthetic rope winch, and alloy skids. The OME is likely intended for much more added weight.
    I swapped those springs for the lower rate OME 2882 springs in an attempt at lowering it a bit and softening the ride. The 2882 gave about 1.2” of lift and felt more similar to the stock SR5 ride but I really wanted 2” of lift.
    Finally I went back to the stock shocks and front springs with a spacer on the front for 2” lift up front. The rake is very similar to the factory stance but higher and should be pleasing to my eyes after adding a full rack one day. I should probably add some bump stop up front if I leave it this way, but as an experiment, I’m satisfied with the ride and cost of a front spacer and rear spring. I’d swear the brake dive is reduced a little with the spacer, or maybe I’m used to it now.
    Overall I’d say going from the stock tires to C range 265 ATs made the biggest change to small imperfection road feel. I feel the OME Nitro Chargers do have a firmer feel on small imperfections but they took the bigger stuff just as smooth as stock. The OME shocks are noticeably more robust and I think I’d have been perfectly happy with them if I had gone full steel bumpers, skids, rack, etc.,...lots of added weight.

Products Discussed in

To Top