1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Offset Question - Probably been asked a million times

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by aroyalsfan, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Mar 7, 2019 at 12:30 PM
    aroyalsfan

aroyalsfan [OP] The Owner

Member:
    Kansas City
    Vehicle:
    2018 4Runner SR5 Premium - Midnight Black Metallic(218) - 4WD
    Westin Pro Traxx 5 Hood and side window deflectors Black exhaust tip Tinted front windows Billet grill overlay Badge Overlays painted Cavalry Blue Powder coated stock Trail Wheels gloss black 12 Volt Solutions plug and play remote start To do list: led swap Speaker upgrades Sound deadening doors Maybe list: rear backup sensors
    So I am dumping the stock rims that nobody can give away for some gloss black TRD Replica Pros that I liked better than the matte black oem TRD Pros.

[​IMG]

From what I read the stock 17x7 rims have a 15mm offset.

The replica rims I purchased are 17x8 with a zero offset.

20190304_140201.jpg

Dude I bought from had a lot of great reviews from customers so I felt okay buying them, and he told me they would fit just fine.

I am keeping the stock Dunflops for now.

Should I be okay or do I need to worry about anything rubbing?

Thanks for any info.

2. Mar 7, 2019 at 12:42 PM
    HoBoDanny

HoBoDanny Dude...

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2004 SR5 V6 4WD 4Runner
    RCI Skid Plate CBI Ditch Light Brackets Hankook DynaPro ATM RF10 265 70R17 113T Tires 1.25” Wheel Spacers TPMS Bypass Mod Hydrocarbon Filter Removed Merca decal 2” leveling kit front only Black headlights
    17x8 with 0 offset would be 4.5” backspacing and a 17x7 with 15 offset would be 4.59 backspacing. So the 8” wheel will have 3.5” on the front side while the 7” will have 2.41” on the front. So they will stick out of the fender wells an extra 1.1”s. I would say you will have plenty of room!

WallyT4R likes this.
  3. Mar 7, 2019 at 12:49 PM
    aroyalsfan

aroyalsfan [OP] The Owner

Member:
    Kansas City
    Vehicle:
    2018 4Runner SR5 Premium - Midnight Black Metallic(218) - 4WD
    Westin Pro Traxx 5 Hood and side window deflectors Black exhaust tip Tinted front windows Billet grill overlay Badge Overlays painted Cavalry Blue Powder coated stock Trail Wheels gloss black 12 Volt Solutions plug and play remote start To do list: led swap Speaker upgrades Sound deadening doors Maybe list: rear backup sensors
    Sweet...any future tire recommendations? Something good for rain and snow? I've read some good reviews on the Michelin Defenders, but since I have a tiny dong I really like some of the beefier tires with mean looking tread to overcompensate. Though I thought I read those are really bad in rain. Forgive me....I am a former sedan man.

WallyT4R likes this.
  4. Mar 7, 2019 at 12:56 PM
    HoBoDanny

HoBoDanny Dude...

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2004 SR5 V6 4WD 4Runner
    RCI Skid Plate CBI Ditch Light Brackets Hankook DynaPro ATM RF10 265 70R17 113T Tires 1.25” Wheel Spacers TPMS Bypass Mod Hydrocarbon Filter Removed Merca decal 2” leveling kit front only Black headlights
    Usually can’t go wrong with KO2’s for on road manners with a beefy look. I’m sure others will chyme in.

WallyT4R likes this.
  5. Mar 7, 2019 at 2:10 PM
    MattAK

MattAK Headin' for the hills

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra SR5 dbl cab white
    I had 275 KO2's on my 5th gen and they were fine. I like the look and they were quiet when they were new. However as they wore down they got pretty loud and the wet road traction really suffered. I had the same complaints about the Duratracs on my 3rd gen. I'm currently trying out Cooper AT3's on my 4th gen and they're good so far, no complaints.

Products Discussed in

To Top