1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Next Gen Land Cruiser is here- well not in the US

Discussion in 'Other Toyota Vehicles' started by Trekker, Apr 28, 2021.

1. Apr 28, 2021 at 3:35 AM
    Trekker

Trekker [OP] Regular Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1997 3rz 5spd
    The all new Toyota Land Cruiser 300 series has been leaked, and I know that this is likely the final product because of how close to launch we are. For those of you who haven't seen the leaks, I introduce you to the 300 series.

I hate what Toyota did with the grill, way too large. The front chin comes down so far that it could double as a berm plow. Toyota definitely sacrificed its off road performance for styling. So much so that Toyota will supposedly come out with a more off road focused GR version of the 300 (I hate that Toyota is making different grades of LC within the same series number).But in case you don't like any of this, I got great news- none of this is coming to the US market.

This is still an important vehicle to 4runner fans. If your wondering what the 6th gen 4runner will look like, well it will have a similar styling theme to this vehicle. And that styling theme is giant fucking front grills.

generaldisarray333 and 4Paw like this.
  2. May 2, 2021 at 3:49 PM
    Beachguy

Beachguy Normal turned up too loud

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2021 SR5 Premium
    This is consistent with what Lexus and BMW did to their front grills. All in an effort to improve gas mileage. They are horrible looking. Funny thing is, I saw a Tesla this morning and it didn’t even have a grill on it. Just a painted, shaped front end. Looked not so well thought out. If the future of automobiles truly is electric, I hope they figure out how to make the cars attractive. Oh, and how to dispose of all those batteries down the road.

Last edited: May 3, 2021
  3. May 2, 2021 at 6:47 PM
    SR5 Limited

SR5 Limited New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1996 SR5 Limited
    Toyota is transitioning from an automobile company to a mobility company.....
    BZ4X

4. Jan 7, 2022 at 8:46 AM
    4wheelgreg

4wheelgreg New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Bensalem Pa
    Vehicle:
    2022 4Runner TRD Pro
    I have my 2020 LC 200 and its gone far from the Land Cruiser years past , I can only imagine what the new 300 creature comforts will have . I thing my LC 200 is just a luxury 4x4 . Big old v8 is not politically green and clean , most of the controls are touch screen , no 4x4 manual selector , no locking axles but does have a center lock .
    I owned over 4 LC 200’s in the past few years , just sold / traded the wife’s 2019 she was not driving got 95k + trade value , I did not need the dough and took a 2021 jeep Gladiator rubicon diesel and big check for that LC 200.
    With the prices of new land cruisers the 300 has to be over 100k and thats not worth it IMO , I never paid over 79k for any of my LC200’s

5. Jan 7, 2022 at 9:01 AM
    LandCruiser

LandCruiser I have Toyotas

Member:
    East Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    5th Gen OG TE
    It’s probably going to be around $95,000 with markup because of the microchip shortage.

Looks like you can get 18 inch wheels as an option if you don’t want the blingy dubs.

6. Jan 7, 2022 at 9:26 AM
    kmeeg

kmeeg LionRunner

Member:
    If it ever comes to USA I hope atleast this time Toyota brings a practical one. Last LC200 had a tiny gas tank with a mammoth v8 which makes touring questionable. With its price tag with less off road tech is a questionable decision (at least to me) even after ignoring less ground clearance and poor angles.

For Asian & Aus spec I see only GR sport has lockers and sadly it is only offered with 5 seats. I also see they have reduced the gas tank but may be due to dropping engine from 4.5 turbo diesel to 3.3 turbo diesel.

I wonder what is the big deal Toyota not giving offroad tech to most sold trims like GXL / VX. But most sold Land cruiser in Asia is 70 series. From Police to government ministries and NGOs LC70 is the work horse.

7. Jan 7, 2022 at 9:34 AM
    LandCruiser

LandCruiser I have Toyotas

Member:
    East Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    5th Gen OG TE
    They seem adamant about not bringing it back to the US as anything but the Lexus model, and with the microchip shortage, politicians demanding electric cars and orchestrating gas price hikes, I don’t see it happening.

kmeeg[QUOTED] likes this.
  8. Jan 8, 2022 at 7:02 AM
    4wheelgreg

4wheelgreg New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Bensalem Pa
    Vehicle:
    2022 4Runner TRD Pro
    I would love a diesel LC 200 with out DEF are nothing but problems with the emissions systems . Just have to wait for the EV LC400 … LOL
    The LC 300 is just going to be a over priced luxury vehicle .
    I’m on the IH8mud site if you visit that site just look in the 200 area all the work and $$$$ you have to dump into a LC 200 on top of buy the land cruiser , now there very expensive .
    If your building a nice LC 200 plan on dumping another 20k on top of the purchase price of a stock LC 200 .
    Your way better buying 4runner like a pro especially if your not mechanically inclined , if your sending your rig to a company like Slee get ready to pay !

LandCruiser likes this.
  9. Jan 8, 2022 at 7:14 PM
    kmeeg

kmeeg LionRunner

Member:
    I was just having a long video call with one of my classmates who then pursue studies on Automobile Engineering.

One of the topics I brought was my interest on the new Tundra with the twin turbo. He wasn't happy with my idea. Especially the hybrid and auto level suspension. He prefer N/A or less pressure turbo diesel. And regular suspension vs fancy electronics and air bags.. He wasn't happy with the LC300 as well.

Since he is someone I know I will drop the plan of Tundra. Of course for youall this would have no value I claim someone as an Auto expert. But might be worth to think again.

10. Jan 8, 2022 at 9:12 PM
    Sixgunz

Sixgunz Gold Member

Member:
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    2022 ORP
    Kings front and back, RSG sliders, GOBI ladder BFG AT 285s, OEM phone dial wheels, KDSS

Products Discussed in

To Top