1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Next Gen Land Cruiser is here- well not in the US

Discussion in 'Other Toyota Vehicles' started by Trekker, Apr 28, 2021.

1. Apr 28, 2021 at 3:35 AM
    Trekker

Trekker [OP] Regular Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1997 5 speed
    The all new Toyota Land Cruiser 300 series has been leaked, and I know that this is likely the final product because of how close to launch we are. For those of you who haven't seen the leaks, I introduce you to the 300 series.

I hate what Toyota did with the grill, way too large. The front chin comes down so far that it could double as a berm plow. Toyota definitely sacrificed its off road performance for styling. So much so that Toyota will supposedly come out with a more off road focused GR version of the 300 (I hate that Toyota is making different grades of LC within the same series number).But in case you don't like any of this, I got great news- none of this is coming to the US market.

This is still an important vehicle to 4runner fans. If your wondering what the 6th gen 4runner will look like, well it will have a similar styling theme to this vehicle. And that styling theme is giant fucking front grills.

generaldisarray333 and 4Paw like this.
  2. May 2, 2021 at 3:49 PM
    Beachguy

Beachguy Normal turned up too loud

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2021 SR5 Premium
    This is consistent with what Lexus and BMW did to their front grills. All in an effort to improve gas mileage. They are horrible looking. Funny thing is, I saw a Tesla this morning and it didn’t even have a grill on it. Just a painted, shaped front end. Looked not so well thought out. If the future of automobiles truly is electric, I hope they figure out how to make the cars attractive. Oh, and how to dispose of all those batteries down the road.

Last edited: May 3, 2021
  3. May 2, 2021 at 6:47 PM
    SR5 Limited

SR5 Limited New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1996 SR5 Limited
    Toyota is transitioning from an automobile company to a mobility company.....
    BZ4X

Products Discussed in

To Top