1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Newbie from New Berlin, WI

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by My1st4Runner, Dec 3, 2016.

1. Dec 3, 2016 at 1:28 AM
    My1st4Runner

My1st4Runner [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hello Everyone,

Well I have always wanted a 4Runner and now I got it. '02 SR5 4WD. My 1st ever import too. She's only got 133K on her too, which in Wisconsin is a miracle. Just a few kinks I need to figure out though. The fog lights will not turn on. From what I can tell they are factory. I've checked the fuses and their fine. Bulbs are fine of course. Also, when I slow down just before she comes to a complete stop she starts to idle kind of rough as if she's going to die, but once stopped she idles fine. The same thing happens when I take off too, with the exception of it feeling like she's going to die. Just a rough idle. This "sluggish" idle is right around the 5mph range when stopping and accelerating. Than she idles just fine. Anyone have ideas with these 2 issues?
    Well, I do look forward to talking with everyone and making new acquaintances.

2. Dec 3, 2016 at 3:03 PM
    wnelax04sr5

wnelax04sr5 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ethan
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2004 SR5 4X4 Galactic Gray
    Welcome! If your fuses and bulbs are fine and the wiring seems to be intact then I bet its an issue at the switch, thats where I would start. As far as the idle issue and sluggishness it could be a number of things, I would start cheap and check out things like the spark plugs or run a can of seafoam through the fuel system and see what happens.

3. Dec 3, 2016 at 3:45 PM
    My1st4Runner

My1st4Runner [OP] New Member

Member:
    Thank you! Yeah, I am the 3rd owner and one of the previous owners was not very good with electrical. The 2 Dome lights were not going on, and the bulbs had to simply be seated right. And after looking in the engine bay I see what looks to be like REALLY thick wiring that is obviously aftermarket and the fuse is missing and one half of the wiring was just laying in the engine bay. Not cool! Apparently a Tune Up was just done, but like you said, kind of "start from scratch". Thanks for all your input, appreciated.

Products Discussed in

To Top