1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New to the group!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Ridindirty, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Nov 11, 2015 at 8:00 PM
    Ridindirty

Ridindirty [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Carey
    Vehicle:
    88 4-runner on 85 frame
    lifted, longfield axles and birfields,lockers,Chevy 350 with March serpentine setup.
    New to the page. I started in on Toyotas a long time ago with my first 87 4Runner. Since then I've had 3 Tacomas, an 85 pickup, and that has morphed into my 88 4Runner. I bought the pickup with a 305 Chevy swap already done and it was sitting on 40" super swappers. We started by cutting everything off the truck and starting from scratch. Replaced the axles with long fields along with the birfields. All bearings were replaced. Swapped out to disc brakes (front and back). All Pro parking brake, Detroit locker in rear, ARB air locker in the front. 37" Maxxis Creepy Crawlers. The pick up bed had cancer in the usual spots. I found the 4Runner and bought it. We swapped the frames and replaced the seats with heated Corbeaus front and back. Replaced the 305 with a GM performance 350 with a Holley truck avenger carb and March drive kit so the 4-Runner now has a v-8 AND working A/C. (black trucks in Tulsa tend to be way warm). Also installed extra fans to cool the transmission fluid, A/C, and power steering. Addicted Off-road winch bumper with Warn 8,000winch and Kevlar line. I replaced the carpet with rubber diamond plate mat over sound deadening material. We had Line-X Bed-liner spray their gloss black liner in the wheel wells, over the fenders, and on the lower 10" of the body. It's a very clean and capable hunting rig. I also kept the extra top off the 4Runner Donor rig to mount a rack and rooftop tent to so I can just swap tops when needed to suit the mission. image.jpgimage.jpg

drunner, T-Rex266 and Bob like this.
  2. Nov 11, 2015 at 8:05 PM
    Ridindirty

Member:
    First Name:
    Carey
    Vehicle:
    88 4-runner on 85 frame
    lifted, longfield axles and birfields,lockers,Chevy 350 with March serpentine setup.
    This was taken prior to the bed-liner being sprayed on the lower body and wheel wells. We had to cut a considerable amount of rust out of both quarters and replaced both front fenders.

3. Nov 11, 2015 at 8:06 PM
    Bob

Bob Member Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    SoCal
    Bad ass 4Runner! Welcome to the site

4. Nov 11, 2015 at 8:23 PM
    Ridindirty

Member:
    First Name:
    Carey
    Vehicle:
    88 4-runner on 85 frame
    Thanks, I suffer from a huge grin every time I roll out with it. I can't wait to put some trail time in.

Products Discussed in

To Top