1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Old Member

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Highwindingtrail, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Mar 18, 2017 at 10:06 AM
    Highwindingtrail

Highwindingtrail [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1998 White 4Runner
    Old Man Emu Suspension Addicted Offroad HD Package - plate/tube front and rear bumper, sliders
    New to this forum, but a proud Geezer.

I've had my 98 4Runner for quite a long time and recently had to make a decision to keep it or go with something new. Just can't get rid of this awesome vehicle. I'm going to sink money in it and keep it, but with improvements.

It's a daily driver so most of its time is on the road. I want it to go off the road occasionally, but not in crazy ridiculous terrain. More in the vein of a Bug Out Vehicle. Too many idiots running around right now to not be thinking about something like this.

So far, Addicted Off Road HD package (plate/tube front/rear bumpers with sliders), Old Man Emu suspension, winch, rack and pinion, outer tie rods, upper and lower ball joints. The sway bars were toast, but since I have not used these over the past several years, why even replace them? The way I drive I'm not cranking and banking so I do not even notice they are gone. Replaced the transmission a couple years ago with a re-manufactured one.

Lots of great ideas here and other 4Runner forums. Glad to be here.

2. Mar 18, 2017 at 1:50 PM
    Krezz

Krezz Doesn't want to be a new member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Southern Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2020 4Runner TRD Offroad
    Welcome and it sounds like we should really see some nice photos of your rig. :popcorn:

Products Discussed in

To Top