1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New member in SoCal w/2010 TE w/KDSS

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by rluxphoto, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Jul 20, 2016 at 9:21 AM
    rluxphoto

rluxphoto [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Vehicle:
    2010 TE w/KDSS, silver, premium ver.
    Just about to start
    Hey Guys,
    Got mine fall of 2010, at that time there were hardly any available. I'm now at 75,000 and just finished up doing some basic normal stuff. Did new plugs, coolant, thermostat, hoses, oil, both dif's, transfer and transmission. Now on to brakes, getting a decent amount of modulation in the pedal so at this point I'm just going to put on new rotors, pads. Most likely will stick with OEM parts here as this my daily driver and only vehicle, but very open to recommendations here.
    I have new rims ready to go on, got the TRD graphite color version and hope to run larger tires as well. My only concern is what is the largest tire that can fit into the spare tire area under the truck ? I looked and it doesn't look like there's a lot of spare room in there already with the stock size tire. Next suspension as my front shocks are seeping. I'm thinking 6112's and 5160's in the rear, maybe a spacer, but stay with stock coil ? I can't go to high since with my work I often have to park in some pretty low clearance garage parking spaces and already just stock I only have a few inches of clearance. I'll end here and post photos as the build slowly happens.
    4Runner_D813008_700.jpg

**Update** getting ICON suspension installed next week, TRD wheels and KO2's so pretty excited to get this done ! AND got an airbag notification from Toyota in the mail yesterday for the passenger side, and no idea when that fix will be happening as the letter states "they are working on it" so....that could be awhile.

Will upload photos next week of the changes made!

2010_TEP_Stock.jpg

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
    Bob and Greenbean like this.
  2. Jul 30, 2016 at 9:33 AM
    Greenbean

Greenbean BS Goodwrench

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Nice TE,

I miss the blacked out flares on the latest bodies.

Your rig looks awesome.

3. Jul 30, 2016 at 10:09 AM
    rluxphoto

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Vehicle:
    Just about to start
    Thanks, yes I agree, friend of mine has a 2015 TE w/KDSS but his is all silver and seeing them side by side we both agreed that the black trim really looks better. After the new suspension/lift and new TRD rims and KO2 tires in 275/70/17 the next mod will be sliders and skids from RCI. My lift will be modest as I have to often park for work in underground garages and clearance is an issue I have to keep in mind. I got hung up once in a prior vehicle and never want to have that happen again. After those mods a better battery and a better horn ! (stock horn sucks) beep beep.

4. Jul 30, 2016 at 11:03 AM
    Greenbean

Greenbean BS Goodwrench

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Factory horns are pretty weak.

Rig looks great,

Be sure and keep us updated.

Makes me wonder if on a newer TE I could remove the trim and have it painted, coating maybe but I know Line-X is pretty thick. But I wouldn't want it textured. Just a nice plasticy looking black.

5. Jul 31, 2016 at 9:04 AM
    rluxphoto

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Vehicle:
    Just about to start
    I have read a lot of posts about guys spraying parts with I believe is plasti dip spray, found the link to their site: https://plastidip.com/our-products/plasti-dip/
    I might eventually do this myself near the end of my build, which will be a conservative one.

6. Aug 6, 2016 at 12:17 PM
    rluxphoto

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Vehicle:
    Just about to start
    Got it done a few days ago. SoCal Super Trucks did the build and would happily recommend them. Went with Icon extended in front and rear w/resv. Kept my original coils in the rear and only lifted the front just over 2 inches. Went over to LT275/70R17 KO2's and TRD graphite rims w/new sensors. Build took about 6 hrs. Overall the ride is much better then stock with less body roll and nose dive. Bottom line, very happy with this upgrade. Next sliders and skids. **Forgot to mention the Icon UCA's were also installed, the tubular version and well a rear shock guards.
    2010_TEP_TRD_KO2_sm_D3S9082.jpg

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
  7. Aug 9, 2016 at 9:13 AM
    Greenbean

Greenbean BS Goodwrench

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Looks awesome!

8. Aug 9, 2016 at 3:58 PM
    rluxphoto

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Vehicle:
    Just about to start
    Thanks, I actually think it looks better in person then in the photo. Finally looks more like a truck!

Products Discussed in

To Top