1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Member from Florida & New to 4Runners

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by snelson1000, Dec 22, 2014.

1. Dec 22, 2014 at 10:48 AM
    snelson1000

snelson1000 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Florida
    Hello everyone and extremely happy to have found this forum with so much useful information. I recently purchased a 2015 4Runner TRD Pro (and love it so far) and brand new to 4Runners. Mine is extremely stock right now, but plan build it over the next number of years and with information contained within these forums, plan to do the research and build it correctly. I am not new to the Toyota family, as I still have my 2002 Tundra, which I bought new and plan to take both of these to the grave with me so to speak.......

20141022_074531.jpg

Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
    Bob likes this.
  2. Dec 22, 2014 at 12:24 PM
    Bob

Bob Member Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    SoCal
    Welcome! What are some of the mods you have planned?

3. Dec 22, 2014 at 1:51 PM
    snelson1000

Member:
    Florida
    Hi there Bob/new friends and thanks for the welcome. Right now, I am very new to forums and just been looking around quite a bit regarding upgrades that I can do to the 4Runner. I have a number of ideas between things that I originally planned and other items that I found on the forums.
    • For starters, I would like to see what I can do about the engine performance, even though that seems to be a bit of a challenge on the V6. I have been driving my 2002 V8 Tundra that has some work done to it and there is obviously a noticeable difference in torque/power in comparison between the two vehicles. With that being said, I am looking to add headers, exhaust system, and possibly a CAI (jury is still out on whether this does anything or not.) And, if URD comes out with a supercharger kit to work with the 5th gens, I would definitely entertain that as well down the road. I know, I know, some people say it has plenty of power, but driving the Tundra every weekend and then getting back in this, I would really like some extra power.
    • Regarding the Bilstein suspension, I had all hopes of being able to adjust it up some in order to clear a 285/70. However, reading through the forums it looks like this may be a dead-end idea and TRD's version of the Bilstein is not adjustable?? But, have not seen anything definitive stating that it cannot be done and a lot of speculation. Keep in mind, I am new to the forum and may be overlooking some definitive information. I have also experienced the tire rubbing problem on the left front when the steering is cut all the way to the right and mine is one that was not cut with Toyota's little (hack-job solution I am hearing) fix for the problem. I definitely want the rubbing problem correct and not with Toyota's proposed "fix."
    • Last, but not least, I would like to get ShrockWorks bumpers and sliders, winch, and Gobi Roof Rack.
    More than likely, this is all going to take quite some time to get to, but do plan to eventually get there as funding and time allows. I have had my Tundra for 13 years now and counting and plan to build the 4Runner like I want and keep it forever. All in all, my wife and I both very happy with the 4Runner and looking forward to the learning process of building this and future off-road/camping excursions. Of course, with some definite help from my new friends here!

Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  4. Dec 22, 2014 at 2:46 PM
    wnelax04sr5

wnelax04sr5 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ethan
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2004 SR5 4X4 Galactic Gray
    welcome! might want to look into supercharging, thats the only real performance gain your going to get, bolt on parts such as intakes and exhausts won't really make any difference, forced induction certainly will

5. Dec 22, 2014 at 8:19 PM
    snelson1000

Member:
    Florida
    Thanks for the welcome. Certainly understand that bolt-on's don't give you a huge bang for the buck, but should net a little extra gain vs. nothing at all, right?? As far as the supercharger, that was something I was definitely looking at down the road a ways and the exhaust and headers were something that would be needed at that time anyway. Problem right now though with the supercharger idea is that TRD does not make one for this application. Which I know I am not saying something remotely new here, and the URD one is being held up by a needed part at this time. I have always been on the fence about the CAI and probably a waste of money, but wanted to do some more research before making the final call. I know all the manufacturers make huge claims about large increases in HP and torque that is simply not true......

6. Dec 26, 2014 at 7:51 PM
    Mac0ldm

Mac0ldm New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1994 4Runner
    Sexy. Welcome

7. Jun 5, 2015 at 2:55 PM
    Nicko

Nicko New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Vehicle:
    94 4runner
    Dayum beautiful 4runner you got there.
    Been wanting one if those for s long time, I settled down and got an older runner to have fun with.

See your from Florida. I'm down here in Miami

8. Jun 8, 2015 at 7:08 AM
    likdtaco

likdtaco Governed & Empowered by GOD

Member:
    First Name:
    D
    AJ - Az
    Vehicle:
    1999 White Limited Edition 4Runner
    Welcome.

9. Jun 8, 2015 at 1:42 PM
    stifler

stifler New Member

Member:
    nice runner.... looks like mind kinda. As for engine performance dont waste your time. There is no supercharger for the 5th gen on the market. The TRD Pro suspension is not adjustable and if you go with shrockworks you are going to add some serious weight to the Pro suspension. Suspension swap is in your future. I would do it now while people are paying top dollar for the TRD suspension parts

Products Discussed in

To Top