1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Carpet Replacement - Stock Interiors

Discussion in '4th Gen 4Runners (2003-2009)' started by Gringle, May 3, 2020.

1. May 3, 2020 at 10:19 AM
    Gringle

Gringle [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    3-4Runners (99-09-13)
    No Mods Yet
    Just replaced the carpet in my 09. My son parked under trees too much and didn't realize the sunroof has drains which were getting clogged. Good hard rains here in Texas filled up those drain trays in the sunroof, spilling over and down into the frame to settle in the floorboards.

What a nasty funky smell! Found replacement carpet on Stock Interiors website. This was quite a job to accomplish. Be careful not to break the molding when taking it apart. Also make sure to cut the carpet large enough to allow the seat mounts to touch metal to metal. I ended up stripping one of my bolts because I only had the hole cut for the bolt. Cell phones are great to take pics along the way. My dad used to draw everything out back in the day.

IMG_2349.jpg
    IMG_2374.jpg

2. Jun 7, 2021 at 7:24 AM
    SendInTheCavalry

SendInTheCavalry New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    M
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    Trd Pro
    Very cool! Glad I found this post. I just discovered water in my 2018! Not sure if it’s from a antenna wire I ran thru the bottom of the hatch seal or could have been a off-roading trip I did 2 plus years ago and just never dried!

anyhow I am pulling the OEM carpet this week and cleaning it with a enzyme cleaner and I am going to run a dehumidifier in the truck for a day or so depending on how much water it collects.

thought about just getting a new rug. How is your carpet holding up?

3. Jun 7, 2021 at 7:37 AM
    Mohoman

Mohoman New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Vehicle:
    99 Limited
    Queen of Battle
    I am looking at doing the same except replace the actual interior. Buddy down the street has a commercial carpet cleaner! Did you follow any videos or just disassemble like legos? Where in the great state of Texas are ya? I am north Austin and besides the black rims on the 99, we have the same vehicles!

4. Jun 8, 2021 at 5:49 AM
    RonT4R

RonT4R New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2007 4runner SR5 4WD
    I replaced my interior carpet from that company as well, turned out good. Just needed a steamer for some of the areas.

Products Discussed in

To Top