1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New 4Runner owner

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by rrshango, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Apr 2, 2017 at 9:05 PM
    rrshango

rrshango [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Cement TRD Pro 4Runner
    n/a
    Just bought a new TRD Pro 4Runner. Former Jeep Rubicon Unlimited owner. Took a 1500 mile trip for spring break from Colorado through Moab to Grand Canyon back tp Moab and then to Glenwood Springs with family and of course my dog. What a truck! Ran through Rainbow terrace in Moab on the way through to get a feel for things. Absolutely no problem but it's also a fairly easy trail. Highway speaking it couldn't have performed or handled any better. Smooth ride comfortable and lots of room. After several days in Grand Canyon headed back to Moab to Sand flats rec. area. On the way in at the the gate I asked if they thought doing Hell's revenge would be ok. When she saw the TRD badge she said Toyota was here last yaer with theses trucks all covered up for testing purposes. Se we decided to give it a try. Hell's revenge is a pretty difficult trail and the TRD made it through the whole thing unscathed. Very impressed. Skipped some of the extreme obstacles but otherwise a great day off road. Can't wait to go back to Moab for some more fun!! As a former Jeep owner I would have to say the the Rubicon is probably slightly more capable but not by much. Don't listen to the Jeep guys this is an extremely capable off road vehicle right out of the box and the reliability and on road comfort makes it a perfect choice. The only damage I sustained was to the optional chrome tailpipe which I didn't want anyway and I also expected the first time I saw it. I noticed a little late it's a one bolt removal but what the heck you're supposed to beat em up a little anyway? Right?

2. Apr 3, 2017 at 2:31 AM
    Bob

Bob Member Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    SoCal
    Welcome to the site!

3. Apr 3, 2017 at 11:02 AM
    jester243

jester243 rabble rabble rabble

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 4Runner Trail Premium w/ KDSS
    I changed some lights, tires and tinted windows...mind blowing huh
  4. Apr 3, 2017 at 1:53 PM
    TedRCASC

TedRCASC New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    Welcome aboard, from another ex-Wrangler owner, a new '15 JKU. Our '16 4R Trail is so much better, both on and off-road. that I still cannot believe it. The Jeep let us down back in the boonies, in grizzly country, and we traded as soon as we got home. - Cheers, Ted

Products Discussed in

To Top