1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New 4Runner - minor transmission quirk and stinky new engine, anyone else?

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by ecoterragaia, Oct 4, 2021.

1. Oct 7, 2021 at 10:28 PM
    McSpazatron

McSpazatron New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 4runner OR
    Dobinson IMS Warn Bumper CaliRaised Sliders 285/70 K02s
    I have a theory…you and I both noticed the improvement in “throttle” response after installing our dobinsons. The mechanism for that is that the driveline is not losing propulsive force to compressing the cloud-soft stock suspension anymore…it just goes into pushing the car forward without “waiting” for the suspension to soak up energy. But, like you, I also have noticed much more satisfying transmission behavior lately. Haven’t thought about it till now.

I dont have the SB/TC. I’m thinking the transmission acts “nicer” for the same reason as the throttle acts nicer… the results of every shift arrives at the road faster without the energy sapped by the suspension compresing. Now you add a TC into the mix, and it is even more immediate.

So in essence, the transmission is not shifting better/quicker….but rather, the suspension allows the transmitting of propulsive force to the road more quickly. Probably only shaving milliseconds each shift, but that is plenty of time to be perceptible.

Roland[QUOTED] and Thatbassguy like this.
  2. Oct 7, 2021 at 10:52 PM
    4runningMan

4runningMan New Member

Member:
    New Mexico
    Ok you guys have me about ready to start a go-fund-me so I can buy myself a Pedal Commander and experience it for myself…

Roland, Thatbassguy and McSpazatron like this.
  3. Oct 8, 2021 at 3:28 AM
    Thatbassguy

Thatbassguy New member? Really??

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    S/E Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRDORP, KDSS, MGM
    RSG sliders, Yakima offgrid basket, Pro-Comp wheels, SOS Streamline bumper and skids, Warn VR EVO10S winch + Ultimate Sidewinder, Bilstein 6112 + 5100 + rear lift coils, Rigid Dually SS ditch lights w/Caliraised brackets and OEM style dash switch
    Lol! I don't doubt the value of these things. I just don't need one.

Roland[QUOTED] likes this.
  4. Oct 8, 2021 at 6:00 AM
    ElectroBoy

ElectroBoy Ad astra

Member:
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 ORP
    There’s a member on the T4R forum who sells the Sprint Booster. With a 5 year warranty. At the time I bought mine he offered a 30 day free trial period, return it if you don’t like it.

Products Discussed in

To Top