1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need new led headlights that fit

Discussion in '1st Gen 4Runners (1984-1989)' started by Mike D., Oct 25, 2015.

1. Oct 25, 2015 at 5:32 PM
    Mike D.

Mike D. [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle:
    1988 4 Runner 4x4
    Can anyone tell me what size headlights I need to order for replacement LED headlights.

2. Oct 26, 2015 at 1:27 AM
    Husky Driver

Husky Driver Kyna's chauffeur

Member:
    First Name:
    Kipp
    40°35'09.0"N 105°04'38.3"W
    Vehicle:
    2k T4R3 SR5 Highlander Sport TRD
    Toytec Ultimate 3" lift susp w/ OME 891 rear coils, Bilstein 5100 shocks front & 5125 rear, ARB 'Roo Bar, Warn VR10k, 0.7, 2 & 11-meter 2 way radios, Nitrogen inflated 33" BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2s, FlexFuel E-85 conversion, AFe lifetime filter, Savage Offroad rock sliders, Ryno All Terrain 4.5mm skid plates, Line-X coatings on the armor, LifetimeLED & Rigid Industries LED headlights, UltraGauge 1.2, T3q 4.10 eLocker with armor from LROR, AmsOil lubricants used throughout. CBI plate rear bumper with swingaway, SPC Light Racing UCAs, ARB SS170HF Safari snorkel w/ Afrikaans centrifugal pre-cleaner, Tacoma antenna mod, TRD Supercharger w/ URD 7th inj. & URD pulleys, Anti-Dark engine bay lighting system. Having gone 250k, Aug 2016 was the time to replace the original clutch & get the driver's seat rebuilt/stuffed. Front & back Weathertech liners. Tundra front disc brake swap. Full length Rocky Mountain Rack with 40" lightbar & alternating strobe rear dust lights. I used a warm weekend in March 2022 to finally install my brand new from old stock 2000 4Runner driver's seat. $800 directly from the factory in Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan.
    What you need to do is what I did to my '87 HiLux. Since they are built from the same basic design, I don't see why it wouldn't work for you. The lamp hookups for your sealed beam headlamps should be the same as an H4/9003 bulb. These reflector housings are sold as a pair & even have an LED halo built in on each housing: Autopal HL109.

As for LED bulbs, I figured that you really can't go wrong with a lifetime warranty. I went with LifetimeLEDlights. A little more expensive perhaps but, their tech support is great & the honor their warranty. My HiLux doesn't have Daytime Running Lights (DRL), but if your 4Runner does, disable them before install.

Bob likes this.
To Top