1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need help with my 4WD System

Discussion in '4th Gen 4Runners (2003-2009)' started by Muradsrt, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Oct 28, 2020 at 2:20 PM
    Muradsrt

Muradsrt [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hey i have a 2003 Toyota 4Runner Full time AWD 4.7 v8 Sport.

My Vsc trac, vsc off and the yellow centre locking diff light is blinking . I initially bought this vehicle with the light on. When i switch my 4wd switch into 4 LO there is no lights, sound or click.It does nothing. Also the Centre locking diff switch does nothing as well, there is no light that comes on or any sound from the relay. i have checked the 4wd fuse under the dash on the driver side, it was good. I pulled off both connections for both switches and found 0 power going to any of them. I also removed the plug on the actuator on the transfer case and found 0 power there too. I used a test light and touched the pins. Im a mechanic my self and am trying to diagnose this problem by my self. I know these trucks are notorious for having seized actuators but in my case i have no power going to anything. I have tried to reset the ecu by unplugging the battery and reconnecting and still got nothing. Would be great if someone can help me out.

2. Oct 28, 2020 at 7:04 PM
    fajitas21

fajitas21 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Collierville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2020 ORP
    Custom scratches
    Rats eat the wires between the fuses and actuators?

I know the actuators like to get stuck but if you're not getting power then that's something different all together.

3. Dec 24, 2020 at 8:50 PM
    Muradsrt

Muradsrt [OP] New Member

Member:
    Can anyone help? I just disassembled the centre diff lock and found nothing wrong . Gave power to the motor and it was spinning fine. Replaced the 4wd ecu with 2 other ecus and the problem is still there. where can i find the relay or fuse for this? Im going crazy

4. Dec 25, 2020 at 9:06 PM
    Muradsrt

Muradsrt [OP] New Member

Member:
    I have checked both fuses IG1 and 4WD FUSE. Checked wires until 4wd ecu they both have power and work. Besides that no other wire in this diagram has power at all. I have replaced the 4wd ecu with 3 other used ones and still no luck. These ecus arent that easy to mess up either.

image.jpg
    5163BCD7-2A65-4173-9C49-552CF8A7347B.jpg

5. Feb 22, 2021 at 1:06 PM
    AlabamaGunWorks

AlabamaGunWorks New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Vehicle:
    03 4runner V8 Limited 4WD
    Any luck with this? I have the same issue on my 03 V8 limited. Thanks for any help

Products Discussed in

To Top