1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need Help Identifying Brake Parts

Discussion in '3rd Gen 4Runners (1996-2002)' started by rhettolson, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Aug 25, 2018 at 7:19 PM
    rhettolson

rhettolson [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rhett
    Vehicle:
    3rd Gen Toyota 4runner
    I'm a noob and I'm having a hard time identifying/naming a few parts in the brake line in order to buy new ones and I'm hoping someone may help me out. The attached picture shows my front brake caliper and hose. Part B bent, then broke off of part C and now I've got some pretty good leaking where the hose meets the caliper. Can anyone tell me what part A is called? All I can ever find while searching for brake line parts is the flexible hose. I believe I'm also going to need part B, so if you can help me with that part name as well I'd be grateful.

I'd also be very open to any advice you may have, or tips you might give, for replacing these parts.

Thanks.

Brakes.jpg

2. Aug 27, 2018 at 12:14 PM
    ruiz4251

ruiz4251 "but it was funny huh?"

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    16 Trail Premium
    ICON custom stage 6 3"; 33's; gobi rack; SSO bumper; SSO high clearance; Rigid lights; 10k X2o winch; AFe intake; brola cat back; tint; aftermarket sound; opor sliders; pedal commander, viper smart start mobile tracker, Canvasback Liner; Rago rear window molles; victory 4x4 center console molle; cbi front skid steel; cbi aluminum tran skid; rci fuel aluminum skid; rci dif skid; rago rear shock skids; rci lower link skids; tenton workshop shift knob; yoga shop grenade trans knob;alpha rex headlights; USR blacked out tails; USR turns to turns; blacked out sequential mirror turn
  3. Aug 28, 2018 at 8:23 AM
    rhettolson

Member:
    First Name:
    Rhett
    Vehicle:
    3rd Gen Toyota 4runner
    Thanks @ruiz4251. I've been able to find an OEM hardline and plan to just replace that. I drilled out the rusted bolt so I can remount the bracket (I think I can get away with just reusing the old one) and just put the new hard line back on. I find half my work is spent identifying parts and acquiring them. The replacement should be easy.

4. Aug 30, 2018 at 6:58 AM
    rhettolson

Member:
    First Name:
    Rhett
    Vehicle:
    3rd Gen Toyota 4runner
    Just for future reference, I did end up keeping the brackets and ordering new hard lines for each side, the part numbers follow.

47314-35330
    47316-35250

5. Aug 30, 2018 at 8:26 AM
    CamelbackToyotaParts

CamelbackToyotaParts New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Amanda
    Vehicle:
    The whole Toyota Fleet
    If you ever need help looking up OEM parts we are always available!

2Toys likes this.
  6. Aug 30, 2018 at 8:58 AM
    ruiz4251

ruiz4251 "but it was funny huh?"

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    16 Trail Premium
    ICON custom stage 6 3"; 33's; gobi rack; SSO bumper; SSO high clearance; Rigid lights; 10k X2o winch; AFe intake; brola cat back; tint; aftermarket sound; opor sliders; pedal commander, viper smart start mobile tracker, Canvasback Liner; Rago rear window molles; victory 4x4 center console molle; cbi front skid steel; cbi aluminum tran skid; rci fuel aluminum skid; rci dif skid; rago rear shock skids; rci lower link skids; tenton workshop shift knob; yoga shop grenade trans knob;alpha rex headlights; USR blacked out tails; USR turns to turns; blacked out sequential mirror turn
    good to hear Rhett hope you get it fixed soon. I've been told, driving with no break is dangerous.

7. Apr 9, 2023 at 11:44 AM
    Michaelniner

Michaelniner New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael

8. Apr 9, 2023 at 11:47 AM
    Michaelniner

Michaelniner New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Hello Everyone, could you identify rhettolson part B?
    I stumbled upon this on Google and I too am having the same issue.

9. Feb 2, 2024 at 4:18 PM
    Chopper678

Chopper678 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Devin
    Vehicle:
    '98 Azure Blue Pearl
    I'm sure you don't need this answer anymore, but I need the bolt for this bracket (part B) today and I just called my local dealer and asked for the part number. If I wasn't planning to buy it from them, I wouldn't ask, and would instead find out from Partsouq online diagrams. (I was offered a wholesale account when I asked them to price match an online part, and explained that I would rather support my local dealer than an online one. It was within 2% and so far has been very convenient, especially for wear items like wipers, brakes, batteries, etc.)

Here is the link for the diagram, I found it after a few minutes of searching: https://partsouq.com/en/catalog/genuine/unit?c=TOYOTA00&ssd=$*KwH5zdzxr6-Hj6yru7ziyaG1lZKM_fL__uzD8Li-jZmFgYOAxdL-lLq-uoudhJXTzsT58PmenoSDisDi7oux77jp8O-VsLCiqOj3_ra0uKb23PvpqaSo6fD_47D66a_o9-7__f33sLCioqTv9un--v6jrreO6LCyvaOpj-m-46jo9-zp_Pr-oaqw6ebt7qK-7_WyvtCKmIyB6ebt7f__ovHq75qRhPz3p9CtjIGdi4Do4e-w6uPp8O2ivqah47K-5qKu7_br-bAAAAAANKs7lQ==$&vid=0&cid=2&uid=322688&q=

negusm likes this.
  10. Feb 13, 2024 at 12:30 AM
    01 4runner

01 4runner New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    01 4runner
    Put part b in the vise and straighten it

Products Discussed in

To Top