1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

MY FIRST CAR

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by alexfrankbob, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Nov 2, 2018 at 12:36 PM
    alexfrankbob

alexfrankbob [OP] New Member

Member:
    I am currently driving a jeep wrangler tj 03. Which i've had since 2005.

I have been wanting to get a new car for a while. and I want the 4runner TRD pro. I just started to actively looking after recovering financially from my move. I called the dealership to see what was available used/cpo/new what have you and was informed that for new PROs besides the waiting list and 1000 deposit to be put on said list that they are selling them at MSRP + 2500. Are they really marked up that high? or is he just trying to sucker me? Regardless, I dont think ill be going to that dealership.

2. Nov 2, 2018 at 12:54 PM
    Firefly21

Firefly21 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Duane Frazier
    Vehicle:
    18 off road premium trd
    Hid lows 3500 drl / high Led interior Led reverse Led oem fogs Sequential blinker Trd intake Unifilter pump mod Apex recover points BF Goodrich KO2 (matching trd spare) Kicker front tweeters Tvd overlays S2 yellow wide fogs Apex black sequential rear tails Cartrim home blue convex mirriors
    I came from and 06 unlimited tj. Went with the off road premium, The pro only adds fox shocks- + fancy front facia And is very$$$$

WallyT4R likes this.
  3. Nov 2, 2018 at 2:31 PM
    alittleoff

alittleoff New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Vehicle:
    '16 TP
    No doubt, check with other dealers. In my area, the IE in So. Cal., there are dozens of dealers to choose from. My wife and I wanted a certain package level, so we kept an eye on a few dealerships within a quick drive from our house. To bad you can't keep your TJ but , I wasn't going to let mine go.

4. Nov 2, 2018 at 4:18 PM
    4runningMan

4runningMan New Member

Member:
    New Mexico
    Pro price is gonna vary greatly depending on what part of the country you're in.

5. Nov 2, 2018 at 11:44 PM
    alexfrankbob

alexfrankbob [OP] New Member

Member:

ya i would like to keep it. Still might. Just not very useful for my current life style right now.

6. Nov 3, 2018 at 8:41 AM
    billnourse

billnourse New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Bloomfield, NM
    Vehicle:
    2017 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium
    Toytec Ultimate lift, SSO Slimline bumper and 10,000# winch, emblem blackout, hood scoop wrap.
    The pro is mostly cosmetic except for the the suspension, and you can buy that for 1,000 as a take off when someone with a pro wants a lift, or you can just get a Toytec Ultimate lift for the TRD OR Premium for around 1,300. And the OR can be had with a sunroof if that is something you might want, all for considerably less than a Pro.

Bill

WallyT4R likes this.
  7. Nov 5, 2018 at 6:52 PM
    Riding Dirty

Riding Dirty Sinner; saved by grace

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 T4R Pro 040
    Is plasti-dip a mod?!
    If you really want the pro model, be patient, keep searching and be willing to travel. I got mine at MSRP and for my area, that is really good since most places like to tack on another 2.5-5k.

8. Nov 6, 2018 at 1:24 PM
    WallyT4R

WallyT4R New Member

Member:
    Please don't hurt yourself financially just to get a PRO....follow Bill's advice. You can save thousands by not getting the appearance package and have basically the same vehicle. Also the 4runner is the most reliable vehicle in the US, look into an older used one to save even more money.

Riding Dirty likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top