1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My 3rd Gen wanted me to join for better answers than bagoogle, so here we are!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Annimal, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Oct 7, 2016 at 5:56 AM
    Annimal

Annimal [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '01 4Runner with all the fixin's
    Dents and various snow related hidden object battle scars; popped the antenna out once after hitting the sand dunes; I love her so much I got her an extra inch, but only in the rubber; I made her special interior coats after discovering leather is evil (unless you're Croesus and have supple, heated leather)...but I'm sure none of that was what "modifications" y'all were talking about.
    I joined because my baby has odd issues that pop up intermittently...more often these days, it seems, so I needed to rub elbows with some of y'all experienced, tested, tried, and true folks! I enjoy doing the repairs and replacevents myself whenever possible, so I'm looking forward to this community.

My baby is just like me...no spring chicken, my boss told me when I turned 30 some time ago...we have aches and pains from pushing the limits, and I need practical every day advice to help me help her with weird quirks that are beyond what my dads have dealt with. So, below is a bunch of blah blah blah because I can't stop talking even if I'm only typing, and now I'm going to hunt through all of these lovely threads!

I bought my baby in 2007 (after a few ridiculous beaters) ... A super sexy 2001 that came loaded with 127k miles, so many goodies (tape deck!), and $8k under kbb & Edmunds!

She was hibernating at a used Mercedes dealer & I thought she was a joke, because she had every single Limited and Sport upgrade available, minus that wood trim. He had received her as a trade in, and it took almost a full 12 months for him off load her... I had the rear dif fixed immediately because Consumer Reports listed that as the only real issue for the '01. According to her butt, she is just a plain ol' SR5, but I love her and her mad beast mode in 4W.

Thanks to having been blessed with two mechanically-inclined dads (divorce - not always bad) who made me learn and perform preventative maintenance and basic upkeep on all of my vehicles; shoes, full oil/tranny/cooling changes (the only time I hate that skid plate), tune ups, repairing tires, flat changes, rotations and oddball like the thermostat, or blown pistons. They even taught me how to hammer out some of my more noticeable off-road battle dents... Sometimes I forget she can't always do what I want her to yet.

Sorry...I've never been accused of being quiet or shy, and I am a natural born jabberwocky (adopted to indicate talkative, not nuancing Alice's jabberwocky).

=D

20161007_030555.jpg

2. Oct 7, 2016 at 9:48 AM
    Bob

Bob Member Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    SoCal
    Sounds like she's in good hands. Welcome to the site!

3. Oct 7, 2016 at 1:27 PM
    jester243

jester243 rabble rabble rabble

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 4Runner Trail Premium w/ KDSS
    I changed some lights, tires and tinted windows...mind blowing huh
    Welcome :wave:

4. Oct 7, 2016 at 8:56 PM
    Ol'Blue

Ol'Blue New Member

Member:
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    Vehicle:
    99 T4R LTD- 33's and locked, 01 SR5-,SAS Sold...
    A few things here and there. Still dreaming up stuff
    I love that. Very well done sweetie. I like that white grill. Was the rear axle seals leaking???

Blue

Products Discussed in

To Top