1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Multi Engine Misfire

Discussion in '3rd Gen 4Runners (1996-2002)' started by Galileo61, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Jan 14, 2017 at 7:48 AM
    Galileo61

Galileo61 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ray
    Vehicle:
    97 4 Runner Ltd
    Hello all, I'm so glad to be here and become a new member, learn and share great information with fellow members.

What brings me here is something that I can figure out. I have a 97 4Runner 3.4L that a week or so ago I cranked it up and when I put it into drive the truck started shaking kind of like a misfire I had in the past ending up replacing a coil pack. I thought that maybe what it is, so I swapped each of the existing coil packs with a new one, but no change, I ohm'd out the plug wires and last replaced the plugs. still the same. I do smell that smell you get from the exhaust and noticed after I cranked and move the truck to change the plugs, pulling the #3 plug I noticed gases/fog coming out of the plug hole. I didn't see that anywhere else. not sure if the computer maybe an issue.
    That being said, about a year ago I had an issue with some kind of misfire and found that one of the fuel injectors was not getting its signal, so I pulled a shad tree stunt. I jumped one of the wires over from another injector and the truck ran normal there after. and of course I left well enough alone! If anyone may have any ideas to share I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Products Discussed in

To Top