1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Mechanical advice please!!!!

Discussion in '2nd Gen 4Runners (1990-1995)' started by Briand, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Jan 6, 2017 at 8:47 PM
    Briand

Briand [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Vehicle:
    90 4Runner 3.0
    3in lift
    Ok first I have a 1990 4Runner 3.0 3zve. I was having a problem with cylinder 6 not firing, so all the signs pointed to a bad exhaust valve. So I tore it down, replaced the valve (it was not seating), and lapped all the valves. Everything went smoothly and when everything was re-assembled I started it up.... and this is where I'm stumped. Problem 1 number 6 is still not firing (it has spark, air, and fuel). Problem 2 the idle is acting like I didn't connect a vacuum line ( idling at 1500 rpms and dropping to 1000 rpms in quick succession). But I can't find a vacuum line out of place. Anyone who has had a similar experience, I would like to know how you corrected it! Thanks in advance!

2. Jan 7, 2017 at 2:55 PM
    Briand

Briand [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Vehicle:
    90 4Runner 3.0
    3in lift
    Well I looked farther into it and I still have no compression in 6 and I used the starter fluid trick to hunt down any vacuum leaks. All lines are in good order but my idle is still acting weird. At a cold start it stays just above 2k then very slowly started to drop all the way down to 600rpms and tryes to die. While it was idling I disconnected the sensor on the air filter and it started to die as it should. Then I unplugged the air sensor on the intake manifold and the idle smoothed out for a min then tried to die.

Products Discussed in

To Top