1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Looking for Some Guidance

Discussion in 'General 4Runner Talk' started by OleSlewFoot, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Apr 8, 2018 at 9:00 PM
    OleSlewFoot

OleSlewFoot [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joseph
    Greetings folks,
    I'm currently in the process of searching for a reliable vehicle as my only running vehicles are an '85 RamCharger and an '83 Datsun 720. I've been fortunate enough to be mildly introduced to Toyotas both new and old as well as the community and I can say that I've enjoyed every bit of it. I also wasn't a firm believer in Toyotas reliability until I witnessed @Thegr8punkin 's 4Runner drive off the trail after suffering a rollover. He is also responsible for my introduction to Toyotas and has showed me the way to this forum to ask for others information to help me make up my mind. I was originally torn between any Yota whether it be an FJ, Tacoma, Tundra, or 4Runner. I'm glad to say it's been narrowed down to either a 4th gen 4Runner, or a 5th gen. I'm here to ask what are the pros and cons between the two and which would be recommended. I plan to use it for basic commuting with the occasional offroading (but nothing too crazy). My knowledge is extremely limited but I know few things such as a 5th gen would cost more and 4th gens had the 4.7L V8 option which I'm attracted to. I'd just like to know if there was any major differences or issues between the two as well as what others experiences have been and also aftermarket support. I don't care for many technological doohickeys but they wouldnt hurt to have. If anyone could shed a little more light on the subject it'd be appreciated!

Thegr8punkin likes this.
  2. Apr 8, 2018 at 9:09 PM
    Thegr8punkin

Thegr8punkin FNG

Member:
    First Name:
    Connor
    Vehicle:
    1987 Orange
    front lockright, rear elocker, HOME BUILT (lol) bumpers and sliders
    Well hi joe :spy:
    You should get a first gen ;)

3. Apr 8, 2018 at 9:17 PM
    OleSlewFoot

OleSlewFoot [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joseph
    It's crossed my mind many of times. All the fun of the 80's I know and love, with optional fuel injection. Hoot hoot

Thegr8punkin likes this.
  4. Jun 8, 2018 at 1:27 PM
    Riding Dirty

Riding Dirty Sinner; saved by grace

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 T4R Pro 040
    Is plasti-dip a mod?!
    I vote 5th gen, but I’m biased. :D

Products Discussed in

To Top