1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lift suggestions?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by BC4runnerRod, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Aug 4, 2016 at 3:06 PM
    BC4runnerRod

BC4runnerRod [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod A
    Vehicle:
    2003 4runner spot v8
    trying to source best lift for newly bought 4runner , couple of buddies are running ion lifts on their FJ's . Wondering if anyone had any ideas or was running something worth mentioning . or another option worth looking at , will spend some cash if its worth it . let me know thanks

2. Aug 4, 2016 at 5:57 PM
    RanchoRat

RanchoRat New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 Black 4Runner
    Stage 5 Icon Suspension, 285/70/17 Pro Comp AT Sport, Procomp Series 40 Wheels.
    What are you planning on doing with the rig? Old Man Emu has some nice lifts that aren't going to break the bank and can take you some awesome places. Fox, King, Walker Evans with progressive valving (softer on road and harder at speed offroad as shock shaft speed increases) etc shocks paired with some Total Chaos or Camburg UCA's can be pricey but will net you more strength, travel, durability and the ability to rebuild the shocks. Icon makes GREAT kits that run Digressive valving (tighter on road and softer offroad) and have all different levels of lifts ranging from light mod to heavy mod and are well worth the money. I run Icon on my 5th gen and have loved every second of them. I would buy them again and again and again.

I'm sure I'm missing a few options as well as some more input that I'm sure other will chime in with, but those are some pretty solid options in my opinion.

3. Aug 5, 2016 at 4:37 AM
    wnelax04sr5

wnelax04sr5 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ethan
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2004 SR5 4X4 Galactic Gray
    as said, it really all depends on what you want to do, if you want to do light crawling, desert blasting, play in the dunes or the mud, or just for aesthetics, the options are all different and tailored to your desires.

4. Sep 5, 2016 at 6:25 AM

060708 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Bilstein 5100 Shocks for 2.5 inch lift and less up front and Daystar Suspension parts,2 inch coil spring inserts, with once again Bilstein 5100 Shocks for rear. Works well and if you have the X-Reas suspension, loose it, as this combination provides a better ride. Bump up to 31 inch tires.

5. Sep 16, 2016 at 12:59 PM
    YotaDan

YotaDan New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    YotaDan
    Grants Pass
    Wonder what he decided to do.

RanchoRat and Ol'Blue like this.
  6. Feb 18, 2017 at 6:47 AM
    Kahuna

Kahuna New Member

Member:
    I'm on the fence about adding OME 3" lift as it's purely for looks as I do not off road. My local shop in Golden tells me the ride will be "firmer" so it concerns me a bit on just how much firmer will be.

Not really wanting to compromise comfort or have to worry about possible issues from lifting it, but looking for feedback, please.

Attached is parts & labor (I'm not much of an auto wrench). Thanks!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017

Products Discussed in

To Top