1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lift Kits and Tire Size

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by LaGenesis, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Mar 18, 2017 at 2:14 PM
    LaGenesis

LaGenesis [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Vehicle:
    2016 Black TEP 4Runner
    New Wheels Fuel Vapor, plan to upgrade suspension, add tint and look for guidance through these forums!
    Hello!

A few weeks ago I got a 2016 TEP. I am looking into a few different things, but I have a few questions about tire size and lifts.

So, although I may not do a ton of off-roading in the near future, I know I will start this summer with easier stuff, nothing crazy until I get skids and sliders.

I am looking at 3" lifts to allow me to replace my stock tires with BFGoodrich All-Terrain 285s or 265s if I don't lift the car, so they would fit, just to have a beefier tire v. the stock tires.

Is there a big difference for getting a bigger tire? I know the lift would be worth it in the long run for clearance and the ability to have a larger tire.

What should I do if I don't want to get a full lift kit, but keep my stock suspension and shocks, and try to add a lift to save some money?

Otherwise, would it just be better to get a full lift kit? Recommendations?

Any advice is appreciated, as I'm new to this.

Thanks!

2. Mar 19, 2017 at 6:40 AM
    wnelax04sr5

wnelax04sr5 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ethan
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2004 SR5 4X4 Galactic Gray
    In my opinion and experience, you want to wait/save and do exactly what you want the first time. Theres lots of people who go through 3 or 4 lifts and suspensions before getting to what they really wanted and they all say, myself included, I wish i just waited and bit the bullet and did exactly what I want. If you think you want a full lift kit from x y z manufacturer, then do that whenever you can. Best of luck!

3. Apr 10, 2017 at 6:45 PM
    lodi781

lodi781 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    ARB BP-51 suspension, T-13 coils, BF Goodrich AT2 275 70 r17, Gobi rack, black oak LED single LB.
    I put an OME on my tacoma and wished I did ICON. OME is great if your 60% + off road. But the on road manners sucks. Atleast i thought so. I wished I did ICON. Wait and save. Also, be realistic in what your really gonna do with the truck.

Products Discussed in

To Top