1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

LFD Vs RAGO Fabrication roof Cross bars?

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by BYKmatty, Jan 10, 2020.

?

whats is better for the cost?

1. LFD crossbars

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. RAGO Fabrication cross bars

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jan 10, 2020 at 9:58 AM
    BYKmatty

BYKmatty [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    5th gen 2018 4runner SR5
    Ceramic Coated TRD grey rims 80% tint all around Lighting: Red LED interior lighting Atack LED SUPER Brite white constant yellow front turn sigs LED super bright reverse lights Body Mods: Tyger rear step Bumper Tyger Front Nerf Bumper GREENLANE OFFROAD Roof Rack and Real ladder (Awesome) and no need to replace the rear hatch hydraulic arms. I cannot say enough about these guys especially because their shipping was completely reasonable. Custom interior: custom rear window power button and unlock button (found here in forums) Pedal Commander (this really does give your vehicle more get up and go) RAGO Mollie side trunk panels (Awesome but pricy) Victory center roof Mollie Panel (Ham radio mount) DIY rear sleeping platform (for camping)
    HEY what's UP all,

I have a question I wanted onions on before i go and spend a lot of cash on this and ship it all the way to Hawaii. what do you think is better overall.

now before you answer i have looked at both extensively things im worried about:

• Clearance to wash the roof
    • ability to bolt on platform for photography
    • and ease of removal for cleaning purposes (loosing bars to slid them away to clean areas)
    remember i live in Hawaii and cost for shipping is going to add about $200.00 to purchase. please if you have or have had in the past either of these systems your opinion is important to my purchase.

2. Jan 10, 2020 at 12:24 PM
    WallyT4R

WallyT4R New Member

Member:
    I have experience with both companies and did not have an issue with either one. Both have good customer service IMO. I do not however have any of the cross bars you are looking at, but have a full LFD rack and it is high quality. Had a few issues with some wrong parts that were sent and LFD handled it professionally and very quickly, next day airing what I needed on their dime.

I don't think it would be too hard to use a rag under the bars for washing the roof. Especially on the LFD rails unless you get the wide rails like the Rago design. I ceramic wax coated my roof before putting the rack on. I also like the hole design better on the LFD rails but that is subjective. Really I don't think you could go wrong with either one, just get the best deal you can. Good luck with your decision.

Strandskov likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top