1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Leveling kit.

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by Tony929, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Jan 10, 2018 at 11:08 AM
    Tony929

Tony929 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Vehicle:
    2018 nautic blue 4Runner
    I didn’t see a thread about this. Has anyone done a leveling kit on their 5th gen? Nothing really shows up on google search. I have a 2018 XP, I’m not looking to lift yet but want a more aggressive look. Also looking to do roof rack and wench bumper insert ( not sure what it’s called) any suggestions on brands. Looking for good quality and light weight to not kill mpg.

2. Jan 10, 2018 at 12:04 PM
    brochacho

brochacho New Member

Member:
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    2018 Sequoia TRD Sport
    There are a few options for "leveling" the front end. Spacers, ride-height adjustable shocks, coil springs, coilovers, etc. It is going to depend on how much money you want to spend and what you plan on doing with the rig. Give us some more info and we can point you in the right direction.

The bumper insert you are thinking of is the SSO slimeline bumper. I think Relentless Fabrication makes something similar as well.

3. Jan 10, 2018 at 2:42 PM
    MeefZah

MeefZah ------------

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Lexington, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    '24 ORP
    There's about a million threads on leveling, I'm not (always) the forum dick so I'm not telling you to search, but if you search, you should find a ton of stuff.

To facilitate the search parameters: Bilstein 5100s at .85 or 1.5 settings seem to be a popular way to level the truck; as do Toytec / Daystar / Revtec, or similar branded spacers. Site sponsors such as Wheelers, Toytec, and others offer lots of options.

The real reason I posted though is to correct you: you do not have an "XP". That's not a thing. Well it is, if you have an older Windows operating system, but it's not a thing on your 4Runner. The port and / or the dealer threw some blackened accessories on your truck and gave it a sweet sounding abbreviation. It's not a Toyota package. Your options for Toyota packages are SR5 and TRD Off Road in both "basic" and "premium" versions, and the TRD Pro. You have one of those with some black things on it. I think most likely an SR5 if I can see your avatar correctly.

That wasn't me trying to be a dick either. Welcome to the site. Enjoy!

Backslider likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top