1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Leather seat covers blocking air bag deployment/pass inspection

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by Highland424, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Jul 25, 2016 at 1:10 PM
    Highland424

Highland424 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Vehicle:
    2016 White 4Runner
    I would really like to get a set of custom seat covers for my 2016 4 runner Limited with leather seats. For protection and to help the leather last. I've been seeing some models mention they are air bag compatible? I didn't know I had air bags in my front seats? If I do get some custom covers will they pass inspection, I have been told they will not nor will the air bags deploy safely. A couple of good custom seat cover companies to contact would be greatly appreciated. Toyota dealer says they do not sell custom after market seat covers for the 2 reasons mentioned above. Would like to hear back from the membership. Thanks, Richard.

2. Jul 26, 2016 at 6:46 PM
    cherie2304

cherie2304 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cherie
    Vehicle:
    2016 SR5 Premium
    I got my seat covers from dash designs. It has cut outs for the seat air bags and they have different designs and material. Check it out. They are custom so they fit the seat like a glove.

alittleoff likes this.
  3. Mar 19, 2017 at 6:52 AM
    Finnthe4Runner

Finnthe4Runner New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 4Runner Trail
    Clazzio.com

They make custom leather seat covers that are air bag compatible. You just have to email them to let them know you are interested. I'm waiting for them to finish their templates and order a custom set. They run about $500-600 but are front and back custom fitting.

4. Mar 30, 2017 at 5:10 PM
    liftbikerun

liftbikerun New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mario
    Literally been counting the days until they release these. Has a 2016 tacoma and these looked oem when installed. Cannot wait until I can pick up a pair of these.

Products Discussed in

To Top