1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ICON Build

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by bajaproject, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Mar 21, 2016 at 2:39 PM
    bajaproject

bajaproject [OP] New Member

Member:
    Truck: 2015 T4R SR5 4x4
    Use: Mostly daily driving.
    Goal: Trips to Baja, snow, and playing around in the hills of Northern California.
    Future orders: All Terrain tires, roof rack and light bar. Winch, compressor, Tepui RTT, Possibly front/rear shrockworks bumpers, take out 3rd row seats and modify to cargo storage.

I am in the process of starting a build. Its going to take a few months going through stages (pay checks). First step is to order the suspension, then tires (probably keep the stock rims for now). I attached the Icon kit I put together. It will be at least one week until I order the suspension, so please any advise would be greatly appreciated.
    My decision to go with ICON is based on reviews, advise, and a friend who gets a good deal on anything ICON. I was debating between ICON and King.
    From what I read, the digressive characteristics of ICON can cause a stiffer feel at lower speeds, and really preforms at higher speeds. Thats the reason I chose the CDCV adjustable rear, so hopefully I can tune that. Anyone have this suspension? can it be done on the fly easily? Are the front remote reservoirs "overkill" for a 98% highway driver? They were only a few hundred bucks more, so I figured why not...
    Again those types of questions is why im posting before I pull the trigger.
    THANK YOU! Cant wait to get started!
    Screen Shot 2016-03-21 at 2.04.02 PM.jpg Screen Shot 2016-03-21 at 2.04.30 PM.jpg Screen Shot 2016-03-21 at 2.04.19 PM.jpg Screen Shot 2016-03-21 at 2.05.15 PM.jpg Screen Shot 2016-03-21 at 2.05.59 PM.jpg

2. Mar 21, 2016 at 3:19 PM
    LTDSC

LTDSC Soccer Dad Extraordinaire

Member:
    Northern California
    personally i dont believe the hype with the CDC's. Your shock/coilover go off a piston and valving, not a click dial that just changes how the fluid moves in and out of the resi. But thats one mans opinion. I wouldnt waste my money on the CDC/Adjustable options.

But i have Icon reri coilovers and absolutely love them. They're definitely a little firmer in town but ride amazing once you get going. I too prefer the digressive valving.

3. Mar 25, 2016 at 12:30 PM
    csuviper

csuviper Moderator Staff Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Tundra RW 4x4 5.7L
    That is one hell of a setup right there.

Products Discussed in

To Top