1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I want to go 35” tires

Discussion in 'General 4Runner Talk' started by Mtbgeo, Aug 27, 2020.

1. May 3, 2021 at 9:43 AM
    Oldtoyotaguy

Oldtoyotaguy Not a new member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Toyota 4 Runner Offroad
    I have to say, I love the look. It would not be a big deal for Toyota to offer 35s on 4 Runners, the same as Ford is doing on the Bronco. It’s so close to working at 100%.

Trail Runnah and DRobs like this.
  2. May 3, 2021 at 10:33 AM
    DRobs

DRobs New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Missouri Ozarks
    Vehicle:
    2019 Toyota 4Runner OR - MGM
    Pinstripes, lots of em.
    Feel like I'm constantly riding the brakes, off-road with 33 inch 285's. A regear may be in my near future.

Side note:
    Saturday evening after off-roading with a bunch of Wranglers, I went back to help recover a Land Rover that was stuck on one of the trails - with hydrolocked engine. He was supposed to join our group for the trail ride but didn't show up till later and went on his own.

I got there just as another vehicle (3rd gen Pathfinder) had pulled him up to the main road. I gave the Rover driver, his wife, dog, and 2 kids a ride to the next town north where they had parked their backup mini-van.

Talking to the Rover driver, he slipped off a muddy rut and his intake sucked up a bunch of water. He pulled the plugs, turned it over, then reconnected the plugs and got it started. Shortly thereafter he heard a bang and everything locked up. Most likely threw a rod. Looking closer at his air box, he noted a large open hole in the bottom of it where there should've been a one way plug.

Where am I going with this? I think I need to get a snorkel. I know snorkels are more effective on diesel engines. However, water crossings and mud holes are a fact of life here in the Ozarks.

Busted Rover.jpg

Me blasting through a mud hole Saturday:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfdHe_EQRzI

Moon Landing likes this.
  3. May 3, 2021 at 8:20 PM
    blackbearry

blackbearry New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 Lunar Rock TRD Pro 4Runner
    What's the stock gear at? Is it 4.56? I'm thinking of getting 285s down the road after I wear out my Nitto Grapplers.

ruiz4251 likes this.
  4. May 3, 2021 at 8:33 PM
    ruiz4251

ruiz4251 "but it was funny huh?"

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    16 Trail Premium
    ICON custom stage 6 3"; 33's; gobi rack; SSO bumper; SSO high clearance; Rigid lights; 10k X2o winch; AFe intake; brola cat back; tint; aftermarket sound; opor sliders; pedal commander, viper smart start mobile tracker, Canvasback Liner; Rago rear window molles; victory 4x4 center console molle; cbi front skid steel; cbi aluminum tran skid; rci fuel aluminum skid; rci dif skid; rago rear shock skids; rci lower link skids; tenton workshop shift knob; yoga shop grenade trans knob;alpha rex headlights; USR blacked out tails; USR turns to turns; blacked out sequential mirror turn
    Yeah NO

blackbearry likes this.
  5. May 3, 2021 at 8:37 PM
    ruiz4251

ruiz4251 "but it was funny huh?"

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    16 Trail Premium
    ICON custom stage 6 3"; 33's; gobi rack; SSO bumper; SSO high clearance; Rigid lights; 10k X2o winch; AFe intake; brola cat back; tint; aftermarket sound; opor sliders; pedal commander, viper smart start mobile tracker, Canvasback Liner; Rago rear window molles; victory 4x4 center console molle; cbi front skid steel; cbi aluminum tran skid; rci fuel aluminum skid; rci dif skid; rago rear shock skids; rci lower link skids; tenton workshop shift knob; yoga shop grenade trans knob;alpha rex headlights; USR blacked out tails; USR turns to turns; blacked out sequential mirror turn
    Also if all you're planning on doing is 285's you're perfect fine with stock gears
    Don't waist your money on rergearing for that
    BUT if you got it to spend well...thats ALL you homie
    You do you

blackbearry likes this.
  6. May 3, 2021 at 8:39 PM
    blackbearry

blackbearry New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 Lunar Rock TRD Pro 4Runner
    thanks man, much appreciated.

Products Discussed in