1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I just factory ordered a 2016 4runner SR5

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by Gman71, Nov 21, 2015.

1. Nov 21, 2015 at 3:47 PM
    Gman71

Gman71 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Vehicle:
    2011 Black 4runner
    None
    So this is the first time I have factory ordered a Toyota, and I have really only ordered one other vehicle ever. I'm really not getting the warm and fuzies from this dealer, which I'll add is a new dealer for me. So my question is after, a dealer orders a vehicle how long should it take for them to give you delivery details? There telling me that it won't show up on there inventory for as long as 3weeks and at that point they will be able to give me the delivery details??? Am I a sucker, or is there some truth to this?

2. Nov 22, 2015 at 6:44 AM
    Tedmaywin

Tedmaywin New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    Vehicle:
    2006 Limited
    I factory ordered a Honda once. It took six weeks. Remember, that puppy is coming from Japan.

On a different note. I had my '06 in for service yesterday. I told service manager I'd be getting a new 4runner next year. He said 2016 will be last 4Runner (along with Venza). Anybody heard that before ? One of my sons works for Boch, hugh dealer in NE. He's gonna check this Monday.

Bob likes this.
  3. Nov 23, 2015 at 12:18 PM
    Gman71

Gman71 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Vehicle:
    2011 Black 4runner
    None
    Hey Ted thanks for your support. I heard that the 4runner is a complete new design in 2017, let me know what your son finds out.

4. Nov 25, 2015 at 10:50 AM
    Tarponfly

Tarponfly New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    Vehicle:
    2016 super white 4Runner Trail Premium
    I just bought my first 4Runner (a 2016 TE, loving it) several months back and my salesman told me the plans are to completely redesign the 4Runner around improvements made to the new Tacoma - primarily upgrading the interior features and engine. I test drove the new Tacoma TRD and absolutely loved the new engine and interior layout. Significantly better fuel economy and responsiveness. Hot little engine. However, the new 4Runner will remain a true SUV on a truck chasis and frame unlike what other manufacturers have done with their competitive models (Ford Explorer, Nissan Pathfinder).

Products Discussed in

To Top