1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

High pitched squealing when accelerating

Discussion in '4th Gen 4Runners (2003-2009)' started by 843runner, Nov 8, 2022.

1. Nov 8, 2022 at 8:06 PM
    843runner

843runner [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2005 V8 Sport Edition 4WD
    Bilstein 5100, OME springs, ARB front bumper with baja lights and smittybilt winch, 35" Gladiator X-Comps w/ 17" 5th gen SR5 rims
    Hey everyone, a few weeks ago I was making a 2 and a half hour drive and noticed a high pitched screeching sound while I was on the interstate. It was only happening when I had my foot on the gas and was the same pitch regardless of rpm. I pulled into a gas station and revved a few times but there was no noise. It only happens in drive or reverse when my foot is on the gas. It sounds like it's coming from under the driver's side by the front tire but I could be wrong.
    I took it to a local shop that specializes in Toyota and they told me they didn't hear anything but that my serpentine belt tensioner needed to be replaced and that maybe that's what was causing the sound I was hearing, so I told them to go ahead and do it. 3 weeks and $600 later I finally get the car back from the shop and it's still making the exact same noise. I guess maybe it's not too big of a deal since the shop didn't find anything else that seemed wrong but it's still freaking me out and I'd like to get it fixed or at least figure out what it is sooner rather than later. I'm in college so my tools are limited and I don't have a way to jack it up and take off the tires. I'm beat, and I'm hoping maybe some of yall might have some input or have experienced something similar. Thanks

Products Discussed in

To Top