1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

HELP! Trying to purchase 2019 4Runner TRD PRO. How much are others paying?

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by jediimindtrix, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Dec 13, 2018 at 7:32 AM
    Narbeh

Narbeh New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Narbeh
    La Canada Flintridge
    Vehicle:
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium
    Haha. Yup! Slippery slope for sure.

Strandskov likes this.
  2. Dec 13, 2018 at 8:40 AM
    WallyT4R

WallyT4R New Member

Member:
    The only part of the PRO that is not appearance only is the suspension. Up until 2019, which has Fox suspension, the PRO suspension was only marginally better than a regular 4. Everything else on the PRO is an appearance option. An all of PRO items except the special paint, is put on at the port. You buy a Trail/Offroad, vinyl wrap it in any special color you choose, put on aftermarket suspension, wheels, and tires on it...and the vehicle would still be cheaper or even the same price as buying a PRO and the aftermarket parts will be better than the PRO items. The PRO is awesome and I'm not trying to offend anyone but the fact is the PRO is just an appearance package (besides shocks) equipped Offroad and costs a lot of dang money.

Doglover2003 and Strandskov like this.
  3. Dec 13, 2018 at 8:48 AM
    2016Pro

2016Pro Why all of the Pro hate?

Member:
    Incorrect:

Upgraded shocks
    Upgraded springs
    Upgraded tires
    Upgraded wheels
    Upgraded skid plate
    Rear diff lock

Riding Dirty likes this.
  4. Dec 13, 2018 at 8:50 AM
    WallyT4R

WallyT4R New Member

Member:
    Never mind :cheers:

thirdyota and 2016Pro[QUOTED] like this.
  5. Dec 13, 2018 at 9:01 AM
    thirdyota

thirdyota shouldn't be trusted

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    2017 T4R TRD Off Road Premium
    Off Road has rear diff lock too

KSJ08 likes this.
  6. Dec 13, 2018 at 9:33 AM
    WallyT4R

WallyT4R New Member

Member:
    Here is the reason why I didn't buy a PRO

1. The price and no dealer will go below MSRP
    2. I planned on modding it so why would I want to pay for things twice??

Now let's break down my thought process in 2016 when I bought my Trail.

1. At it's base, the PRO is a Trail (OFFroad now)- both have the locker, in 2016 you couldn't get a sunroof in the PRO...same vehicle.
    2. aftermarket mods vs. stock PRO appearance items....
    3. I plan to keep this vehicle for at least a decade, maybe more.

I bought my 2016 Trail for $35050 out the door. They do not deal on PRO models, it's msrp or more. All prices below are approximate and approximately account for shipping/tax... except for the price I paid for my Trail

PRO $44000 msrp ?? $48000 out the door ??

1. suspension
    2. tires
    3. wheels
    4. TRD skid
    5. PRO badges and PRO stitched on seat
    6. Special PRO paint
    7. TRD PRO grill

Total $48000

My Trail $35050

1. Icon stage 2- $2000
    2. Nitto Terra g's- $800
    3. TRD PRO rims- $800
    4. RCI full alum skid pkg (way more coverage than TRD skd)- $1000
    5. I don't need no stinking' badges
    6. Full vinyl wrap in cement? Purple? Pink with polka dots? with graphics? Whatever- $4000
    7. TRD PRO grill - $450

Total $44100

So with a better built Trail with superior aftermarket parts and any color I want, I still have $3900 to buy bumpers, winch, rack, etc, whatever...before I get to the stock PRO price. And if I didn't care about a special paint color or TRD PRO grill I would have $8350 in saved money to really go off on my Trail.

If I wasn't going to mod the vehicle or if I am going to sell the vehicle in a few years, it would be smart to buy the PRO because it holds it's value real well, even better than the other trims. But I planned on modding it since I feel the aftermarket offers superior products to some of the TRD items.

So since I was going to mod my vehicle with aftermarket sweetness and keep it for a long time, I chose to get the Trail. Your mileage may vary.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  7. Dec 13, 2018 at 9:37 AM
    WallyT4R

WallyT4R New Member

Member:
    The breakdown turned out horrible...let me try and fix it...OK...fixed it...see post above

8. Dec 13, 2018 at 9:37 AM
    2016Pro

Member:
    You lose naearly all of the money you spend on mods at resale

WallyT4R likes this.
  9. Dec 13, 2018 at 9:57 AM
    WallyT4R

WallyT4R New Member

Member:
    Oh yeah I forgot that part and will now include that part of my thought process in the breakdown...thanks

10. Dec 13, 2018 at 9:58 AM
    2016Pro

Member:
  11. Dec 13, 2018 at 12:35 PM
    RusPro17

RusPro17 Back home again!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    Pa.
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD Pro Solar Octane
    SCS wheels and Westcott lift
    Everyone’s looks at things differently. My 2015 Tacoma TRD Sport was all done up with mods. Removed it all and sold everything. I chose the Pro because I did not want to do all the mods again. And the value these thing hold are awesome. Just get in and drive it.

WallyT4R and 2016Pro like this.
  12. Dec 13, 2018 at 2:51 PM
    n00bCity13

n00bCity13 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    TRD Pro
    I paid $4,000 over MSRP for my 2018 PRO. Stealership though, in southern california. Not my best experience. Love my 4runner to death, but almost went insane trying to get it.

jgcaps, WallyT4R and 2016Pro like this.
  13. Dec 13, 2018 at 10:49 PM
    Offwidth

Offwidth New Member

Member:
    Same here. Pro wheels (nicer look and 5 pound per wheel lighter to compensate for stronger tires - 7" width is enough for 275 and holds aired down tire better), proper 275/70 tires, rock rails, couple aluminum skids, nicer front shocks with an extra inch", Focal speakers, some generic dynamat, emblem kit, make for a nicer setup, while I could get moonroof (and KDSS, though people doing tall lifts would skip that) for less money and hassle. That was my reasoning.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
    WallyT4R and Strandskov like this.
  14. Dec 16, 2018 at 10:12 PM
    19voodooblu

19voodooblu New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 voo doo blue pro
    I paid $1600 below msrp. Everyone says get the ORP and upgrade to a nicer set up like the pro is some kind of pos or something. In all it just comes down to what all are you going to be doing with the 4runner and is the special color a must have. I got the pro because i like the color and dont want to wrap the just to be that color along with other reasons.

15. Dec 17, 2018 at 7:18 AM
    Offwidth

Offwidth New Member

Member:
    That is how my wife buys cars - picks the color. Well, as valid a reason as any.

16. Dec 17, 2018 at 7:31 AM
    MRM69

MRM69 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Barcelona Red TRD Pro
    Geeez guys, why is it that every time someone ask for pricing info (or anything on a pro), it turns into a "don't buy the pro and here's all the reason's why!" People buy what they want based on their own individual needs. There's already a million threads here and on the other (even grumpier) T4R site on the Pro vs Trail/Trail Premium, Off Road/Off Road Premium, SR5/SR5 Premium and even Pro vs Limited. The guy just asked for prices on Pro's, not prices on Pro's vs every other option imaginable.

Everyone who didn't buy a Pro, it's okay if people buy Pro's, it's actually great for people to buy Pro's because it's helping to keep all of our resale values high and it's helping to sustain the 5th Gen for longer than anyone thought a couple of years ago. Yes, we all know that you can buy a base SR5 (great truck by the way) and with enough money and time, turn it into any other model T4R, or better! I never read/talk to anyone with a Pro who bashes the other variations of T4R, but it sure does seem to happen a lot the other way around:crapstorm:

OP, I bought a Pro in 2017 and paid MSRP less $500 military discount. In my area they are mostly MSRP, with a few marked $2500-$5k above. I bought it because I liked it, but also because I wasn't sure if I was going to keep it and liked the improved resale value of the Pro. I didn't have the time, workplace, or desire to do my own mod's, especially if I were going to take them off in a year if I traded the vehicle in (Mod's left on the truck or sold separately will be a $$ loss either way). Since then I've decided to keep the thing for a long long time and feel comfortable starting to do some mods here and there when the mode strikes me. If you want a Pro, be patient, hunt around and you'll find one. They're pretty sweet and well worth it despite what you may read on the internet :stirthepot::lalala::devil::drunk:

17. Dec 17, 2018 at 7:47 AM
    Offwidth

Offwidth New Member

Member:
    Marketing works. That is true.

18. Dec 17, 2018 at 8:05 AM
    2016Pro

Member:
    Well stated, thank you.

19. Dec 17, 2018 at 1:39 PM
    WallyT4R

WallyT4R New Member

Member:
    @MRM69 ....I agree with some of your comments. I gave reasons why I didn't buy the PRO appearance package. I could care less what others do with their money...It's your money, do what you want with it. It was not a good fit for me and the plans I had for the vehicle as stated in my previous post. If I wasn't going to keep this vehicle I would most likely have a PRO. The resale is very good on them...Also there are plenty of PRO owners who look down on the other models. If you don't think that happens you are fooling yourself.

20. Dec 23, 2018 at 5:38 AM
    MRM69

MRM69 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Barcelona Red TRD Pro
    Well, I guess if we’re still going to talk about this I’ll jump back in:stirthepot:

The Pro appearance package line is cute, seems to be the go-to insult by those who didn’t buy a Pro, but yet run into every thread on the Pro to state, “the Pro Appearance Package.” This supports my point that any thread on a Pro will bring in Pro Hate (dislike, objection, lack of fondness, whatever you’re comfortable with):poking:

“I could care less what others do with their money...It’s your money, do what you want with it.” I agree, but then why go into a thread where someone is only looking to spend their money on a Pro, to talk about all the reasons why buying a Pro doesn’t make sense? Once again, you have completely supported my point.:evil: You have the largest number of post in this thread about “help with 2019 Pro pricing,” but yet you have offered no help or insight on pricing for a pro at all:der:

Plenty of Pro owners that look down on other models. Well, I’m sure it’s possible, I just said I have never read a single thread in either of the big T4R forums where a Pro owner has deliberately gone into a thread for another model, and bashed the model in question, nope, never seen it. Nor have a talked with another T4R owner and had a Pro owner talk crap about the other model, nope, never heard it:notsure:

I mainly posted this because I am bored and waiting for breakfast. :computercoffee: I find this discussion funny and good natured, so hopefully you won’t waste too much time searching for threads of Pro owners bashing other owners, as I might not come back for a while to see it:boink:

Have a Merry Christmas everyone:dancingbacon::dancingbroccoli::bananadance::locked:

jgcaps, Riding Dirty, josefmd and 2 others like this.
  21. Dec 31, 2018 at 9:55 AM
    heq206

heq206 New Member

Member:
    Seattle, WA
    Vehicle:
    2020 4Runner TRD Pro Army Green
    Hi @Caltech90. I'm new here to the forums, so I'm not sure if I sent you a message correctly. Are you a Fluke Employee? I work at Fluke Corp in Everett, WA and Rodland Toyota said the best they could do for me is MSRP on a 4Runner TRD Pro. Let me know where I can get this kind of deal by being a Fluke employee. Foothills Toyota in Burlington will do MSRP, too. And that would save about 2% less because of the lower sales tax. Thanks in advance!

jgcaps likes this.
  22. Jan 1, 2019 at 6:11 AM
    PastorBillV

PastorBillV New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Yesterday, I paid Invoice with the $500 Manufacturers rebate after that. So, $500 under their invoice.
    2019 TRD Off-Road with the Entune Nav/Entertainment system.
    The $500 is still good today. Shop around on the internet and go through multiple dealer's internet department. They are competitive and willing to send you prices in email (which you then show to other dealers). The Toyota site really helps - you build your desired configuration and then it tells you which dealers have it. I wanted a specific color and options package and this saved searching autotrader, cars.com, dealer websites, etc. Now on to wheels and tires! Happy New Year!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
  23. Jan 1, 2019 at 11:09 AM
    USCTRDPRO

USCTRDPRO New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 4Runner TRD Pro
    Congrats!

A couple of questions:

What is the invoice price of a TRD Pro? Curious as you may have gotten the best price I have read anywhere.

What color did you get?

Lastly, why do you want to change the rims and tires on a TRD Pro?

Happy New Year

24. Jan 1, 2019 at 3:51 PM
    PastorBillV

PastorBillV New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    My bad. Sorry. I realized when I read your response that I mis-wrote. I said Pro when my final decision was for the TRD Off-Road model. I wanted the silver one that they had and it was much cheaper for the features I needed. I looked at Pros, Premiums and the straight Off-Road. In the end, I really liked a Premium but my wife hates leather seats. It didn't matter to me. But, this is why I'm considering wheels/tires. I really liked a Nitto Ridge Grabber/KMC XD (all black) that they had on the Premium I liked. But, I see why I confused you! Again, sorry.

But, they did offer me invoice on any model that I chose yesterday (yearend numbers, I figured).

Invoice numbers - go to Edmunds.com. When you configure/price-out any vehicle, they show you Dealer cost, MSRP, and their estimate of true market value. I never buy without knowing their costs. There was only one number that differed with their actual invoice - by $20 only! Edmunds even has the cost calculator for prior years.

25. Jan 1, 2019 at 4:20 PM
    Kbainter

Kbainter New Member

Member:
    I got $2500 off MSRP on a 2019 black pro. Signed the papers yesterday. Will see it this week. I might be putting that directly into a supercharger. I loved my 16 4runner before it got hit, just wish it had some actual throttle! Looking forward to a 4runner again.

26. Jan 1, 2019 at 6:10 PM
    USCTRDPRO

USCTRDPRO New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 4Runner TRD Pro
    I will be looking forward to your posts on the SC if you get it. Interestingly enough I was offered a Black Pro for about the same off but I will never own a black car again for starters and I only wanted the VB. My dealer still has the black one, it was in their inventory for 3 months when they offered it to me. They look awesome clean though.

27. Jan 1, 2019 at 7:00 PM
    Kbainter

Kbainter New Member

Member:
    Coming from a quicksand Tacoma, I needed a “normal” color :)

28. Jan 28, 2019 at 10:39 PM
    Taurus

Taurus New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2015 Limited 4Runner
    Do you mind sharing what state you’re in or messaging me your dealer?

29. Jan 29, 2019 at 9:05 PM
    Dcride777

Dcride777 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Vehicle:
    Black TRD Pro
    I paid MSRP tax included. So mine was 47000.00

30. Jan 29, 2019 at 9:10 PM
    Dcride777

Dcride777 New Member