1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by klid4runner, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Dec 17, 2016 at 8:45 PM
    klid4runner

klid4runner [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1988 4runner
    lifted 33-12.5-15s
    New here but a long time Toyota 4runner owner, I only have bought 1 new vehicle in my life and that was in 1988 when I wanted to get a reliable SUV for my wife and my 5 month old son. I had a distant family member that worked as a salesman at Toyota of Hollywood and he got me a good deal on a 1988 Toyota 4runner 22re, light blue, automatic.

Well the wife drove it a few months and decided that it was a pain in the butt to put our son in the back seat having to open passenger side and move seat up to get him in. Being the genius I am told her that we got such a good deal on it that it would be stupid to get rid of it so I found a old Honda wagon 4 door cheap and ole blue became my daily runner.

I always liked the looks of the first Gen 4runners and still do to this day I can look at it all day long and go Wow that's an awesome truck, She's no longer my daily runner at 190,000 plus miles and minor comfort issues like no A/C and weak heater and god forbid no blue tooth or navigation, but I cant ever imagine getting rid of her as its seen so much and has way to many memories, so I will keep it till I die, and build it as I can. Glad to find a place where others love their 4runners as much as I do!

Palerider likes this.
  2. Dec 18, 2016 at 6:38 AM
    Bob

Bob Member Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    SoCal
    Welcome to the site!

Products Discussed in

To Top