1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hello from Wisconsin !

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Champy, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Mar 26, 2017 at 6:07 PM
    Champy

Champy [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mario
    Vehicle:
    2001 SR5 2WD AUTO
    Hello!, just purchased a (new to me) 2001 2wd 4runner.

I did not know it was a 2wd until day I purchased, which I know I will get some flac about since I live in WI. But I could not pass up this deal!

only 108k Miles, from Florida so NO RUST!

Was in a minor accident so the bumper is shifted to one side but I don't mind !

So stoked ! Color is KG4 or "Champagne Metallic" more Gold in the sunlight which I am not super fond of. But so far love it ! : ) IMG_3224.jpg

Been reading in the forums for weeks, and have several questions and looking for suggestions. for starters I will not be offroading at all... so not looking to do those kinds of mods only visual. And longevity or performance mods. Opinions on Plastidipping rims? Removing floor boards?may do just for summer then back on for protection for winter.

weighing out pros and cons to plastidip vs painting. Also does not appear to have timing belt or water pump done. how important is this ?

Also appears to be original radiator . After lots of reading I am not sure if I should get a cooler, new radiator or both ? Any tips, or opinions appreciated.

Lots of useful stuff here , Greatful for this forum and looking forward to being a part of the community.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  2. Mar 27, 2017 at 8:53 AM
    jester243

jester243 rabble rabble rabble

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 4Runner Trail Premium w/ KDSS
    I changed some lights, tires and tinted windows...mind blowing huh
    Welcome to the site Mario :wave:

Champy[OP] likes this.
  3. Mar 27, 2017 at 8:58 AM
    Gray_runner

Gray_runner New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Black Trail 4Runner
    Hey Champy, also wi connection. Love the ride, looks great and well cared for. Have had runners and t-trucks for years, you've got many good miles ahead, my opinion. I would discuss mechanical options with Toyota dealership or shop of your trust level. My friend has your same make/year and he's over 200k miles. Just normal maintenance. Take care.

Champy[OP] likes this.
  4. Mar 27, 2017 at 9:26 AM
    TedRCASC

TedRCASC New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    Welcome to the site. And don't worry about it being 2 wd. We had lots of snow here this winter, for a change, and I was surprised how rarely we felt the need to go into 4 wd, thanks in part to the knobby Goodyear Duratrac tires. - Ted

Champy[OP] likes this.
  5. Mar 27, 2017 at 11:16 AM
    Champy

Champy [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mario
    Vehicle:
    2001 SR5 2WD AUTO
    Thanks for the welcome guys ! I have to say my head it spinning over this whole "pink milkshake thing" lol ..

I have seen one go for 350k miles with original radiator, or 150k miles with the milkshake happen.

And I still cant make up my mind if I should get a new radiator or the Trans-cooler , or both.. don't do any towing or wheeling ..

will be in Wisconsin where it doesn't get too hot. Any thoughts on this ? Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks for the reassurance Ted : )

Products Discussed in

To Top