1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hello From ND

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Chevyfan7, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Mar 16, 2017 at 1:55 PM
    Chevyfan7

Chevyfan7 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail/1996 Limited
    None
    Hello everyone. New member from Williston nd. The Wife and I (mostly the wife) own a 96 Limited and 16 Trail Premium or whatever. Bought the 16 a little over a year ago. I know very little about 4 runners. Im no mechanic but Im a DIY kinda guy. 10 Years in construction and 4 in the Oilfield I can figure out just about anything with a little guidance and YOUTUBE. I joined the site because im ready to put a lift on the 2016. Im not sure which route to go and have never owned a lifted vehicle before. I was more of a Sports car guy. I sold my 2013 Camaro SS to buy this 4Runner. SMH Horrible decision. The 4Runner isn't so bad I guess. The Wife loves Toyota 4x4s I don't know why, She wont let me drive the damn thing across a puddle let alone go Wheeling.

So any Suggestions? This will be a Pavement Princess. She drives about 5 miles a day. Once a year we drive it from ND to Ca. I really want 3-6 inches of lift. I know that's a world of difference but 3 is minimum and 6" may be more than Im willing to Spend. So whats the most Practical way of accomplishing this? Ive noticed Most people are keeping it under 3" So im looking for links and avenues as to how I can get more than 3" Thanks

2. Apr 12, 2017 at 6:38 AM
    Trailblazr7

Trailblazr7 New Member

Member:
    Welcome. Six inches is a pretty ambitious lift. There are lots of threads on lifting your 4Runner on this board as well as T4R.org. I've got the Icon Stage 1 that I've got up to 2.5". If you go to 3" and over, you'll need a differential drop kit. Check out this link for starters...there are many many more. Good luck!

3. Apr 12, 2017 at 8:36 AM
    jester243

jester243 rabble rabble rabble

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 4Runner Trail Premium w/ KDSS
    I changed some lights, tires and tinted windows...mind blowing huh
    I wonder how much a 6" lift would affect it as a daily driver, I don't know that I would want that on my daily. Either way welcome to the site Brandon :wave:

Products Discussed in

To Top