1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hello from Myrtle Beach

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Bubblehead, May 1, 2017.

1. May 1, 2017 at 6:00 PM
    Bubblehead

Bubblehead [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    2017 Limited 2WD
    Window and hood deflectors, Pro-Z running boards, 20% TINT, LED lamps interior.
    So heres my story. I bought a 14,15 and 16 Tacoma Sport. The 14 and 15 were great, The new truck has too many issues for a Tacoma. Carrier bearing humming with 6700 miles, Transmission is awfuk and very slushy. Sometimes it hesitated when moving from a stop.\ the jumped into gear. Nothing but a reflash for this but of no avail. They said the bearing noise is "normal" The point is Toyota is not dealing with issues and I lost Confidence in my 16 TRD Sport

I was at Honda leasing a new CRV EXL for the wife and spied a 2016 SR5 Premium with 9K miles. My truck had 6700 miles. I offered a key to key exchange. They said $3000 to make that deal. I told them a Tacoma would sell before their two 4Runners. They countered with $2000 to tradr vehicles. I offered $500, We settled on $1000. The amount I will get back for the VSC I bought when Toyota allowed internet buying of Service Contracts (Honda still allows it)

Other than needing another key the 4Runner is phenomenal. I know the engine from my previous Tacomas. SOLID drive train.No noises. The back is as big as the truck. So far I ordered window Vents, Hood deflector, running boards, and had the vehicle tinted today,

I am hoping they upgrade the dash to the Tacoma design. The dash is ages old in pre 16 Tacomas. But the tech is good as far as phones and Entune.

But for a grand, I was happy to take the 4Runner. I had one in the 80s and loved it. It will be interesting to read the posts and learn something. I DO miss the great tech in the Taco, Keyless entry and push button start is mostly missed. But I could not keep a truck that made bearing noises when coasting. SOOO From Myrtle Beach....HELLO!! Back in the day when I lived in Las Vegas, I took my 4Runner off road a lot in the desert. Also had a Tacoma then as well. I'm not doing more than dirt roads here so I did not need the 4WD.

Last edited: May 1, 2017
    5thGen4Runner2015 likes this.
  2. May 1, 2017 at 6:03 PM
    Bob

Bob Member Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    SoCal
    Welcome!

3. May 1, 2017 at 6:17 PM
    Scarlet

Scarlet New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 4Runner Limited 4x4
    I always wanted an SUV and finally settled on the 4R. I bought the limited 4x4 and absolutely love it more and more every day. I understand why people are 4runners for life!

jester243 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top