1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Grit Trouble with Firestone Air Bags

Discussion in 'General 4Runner Talk' started by 05parker, Jun 17, 2022.

1. Jun 17, 2022 at 11:14 AM
    05parker

05parker [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    ‘05 4Runner SR5, ‘11 Coleman CTS192RD
    Anyone else who uses Firestone Coil-Rite air helper bags notice grit/dirt/tiny rocks getting in the valve around the tube? Twice now (one time on a rough gravel road, once just normal driving), I’ve noticed air leaking out of the schrader valve before a towing trip. I got under the car and had someone fill the bag a little, then pulled out the line, and blew out a bunch of dirt. The bag works totally fine after that, but it’s certainly annoying to have to do it 2/3 times I’m about to tow. Anyone had a similar experience, and found a good solution?

2. Jun 18, 2022 at 5:49 AM
    Bgdv1

Bgdv1 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Butler
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5P
    Bilstein 5100's, AR wheels, 275 70 17 Cooper AT3, Airlift bags, Powerstop brakes/rotors, 12voltsolutions remote start, tinted windows.
    I have Airlift on my Runner. Been on for close to 6 years now and W. Pa weather isn't kind to things. We live in the country and the road departments use cinders or anti skid material in winter and makes a mess of things. I've never had issues with leaks, but I run the Runner thru the touchless car was quite a bit.

3. Jun 19, 2022 at 1:23 PM
    AuSeeker

AuSeeker New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2004 Limited
    Are you saying the Schrader valve doesn't have a dust cap on it, if so that's the problem, any Schrader valve should have a dust cap to keep out dirt/small stones/debris, etc.

Products Discussed in

To Top