1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Greetings from the end of the Oregon Trail

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by OregonTrailRunner, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Oct 7, 2015 at 9:16 AM
    OregonTrailRunner

OregonTrailRunner [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joel
    Vehicle:
    2015 Nautical Blue 4Runner TEP
    TRD Wheels, BFG A/Ts, N-Fab steps, Truck Vault, Console Vault, Line-X bumper covers, Tule Canyon Basket
    Always looking for more 4runner intel and wandered in here. There is probably crossover from other forums, but never hurts to meet new people and see what they're doing with their 4runners.

I'm on my 3rd 4runner having jumped from a 91 Toyota 4x4 truck to a new 96 Stellar Blue Pearl 4runner, then a new 06 Galactic Gray Sport Edition and now a 2015 Nautical Blue Trail Edition Premium w/KDSS. All purchased new and all passed on to good families...well, except my 96. The kid crashed it before he even changed the registration. Sad. I took such good care of it for 10 years and he writes it off. Oh well. My 06 has a new family with a brand new baby so they needed a safe, dependable ride and I wanted a new 5th gen 4runner.

The newest ride I picked up in Feb. having ordered it just the way I wanted it. The dealer found it and redirected it while it was sailing across the ocean so my 2 month wait was really only a few weeks. My brother works at the port for Toyota and tracked it for me. He also provided some "Baby photos" when it rolled off the ship. Processing was fast tracked and it was at the dealership a few days later. It just rolled over 10,000 miles a few weeks ago. One 2100+ mile road trip and once a week blasts to some local fishing waters account for most of the miles as my commute is only 2 miles...

Not a big off-roader (yet), but use my rig for towing my boats up crappy launches and road trips.

Mods include TRD wheels, BFG All-Terrain, TRD Skid Plate (modified for KDSS), N-Fab steps, CVT Awning, Tule Canyon Basket (soon to be replaced with a Gobi Stealth), ConsoleVault, TruckVault, TRD Gear Knob, WeatherTech Mats and Bug deflector, Line-x on roof rails, steps, bumper covers and rear badging.

I want to upgrade the suspension at some time, but don't want to lose the comfort. I did R&R for Tokico back in my road racing days and field tested prototypes on the 96. Never messed with the 06 as it had the XREAS suspension. I will do plenty of research before changing anything Toyota did, they do build pretty good stuff....

See you on the trail or on the water!
    Cheers

IMG_4940.jpg IMG_4585.jpg

T-Rex266 likes this.
  2. Oct 7, 2015 at 10:25 AM
    Bob

Bob Member Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    SoCal
    Welcome to the site!

Great pic :thumbsup:

3. Dec 18, 2015 at 10:20 PM
    IPhillips

IPhillips New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2004 SR5 V6 4Runner Silver
    Beautiful. I am in Seattle area and just bought a 2004 V6, when I see folks like you that have bought 4 in a row that impresses me. I did a bunch of research.People love these. Enjoy the new one, sweet color!

4. Feb 16, 2016 at 7:42 PM
    ToyWhite

ToyWhite New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    LAR
    WA State
    Vehicle:
    2015 White 4 Runner
    3" lift, TRD wheels, NFAB side steps, to be cont...
    Did you do the line-x yourself? And any pics of the rear badging?

Looks real nice!

5. Feb 17, 2016 at 8:45 AM
    Ol'Blue

Ol'Blue New Member

Member:
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    Vehicle:
    99 T4R LTD- 33's and locked, 01 SR5-,SAS Sold...
    A few things here and there. Still dreaming up stuff
    I love that color. Very nice!

Blue

6. Feb 17, 2016 at 10:11 AM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Moderator Staff Member

Member:
    Sorry for that late reply, but welcome!

7. Apr 1, 2016 at 3:14 PM
    jokol

jokol New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    joe
    Vehicle:
    2016 4Runner Trail Premium
    HELLO; I JUST PURCHASED A 2016 Trail Premium in Magnetic Gray Metallic. I notice that you have your front license plate mounted on the standard mounting bracket that came with your 4runner. Strange as it may seem, I have contacted 3 different Toyota dealers trying to find out what kind of screws or bolts I should use to mount the license plate to the bracket and NOBODY HAS ANY IDEA!!!!!!!!!! What screws or bolts did you use? The holes in the black plastic mounting bracket (that is screwed into the bumper!) are smooth so it is a mystery as to what kind of screws or bolts that need to be used to attach the front Oregon license plate. Any info would be most appreciated. Thanks. Joe JOKOL P.S. I had to fly down to Las Vegas in order to get my Premium Trail with KDSS. They do not use front license plates in Nevada so the front bracket is not installed yet so I will get the honor of drilling into my bumper. BUMMER!!!!!

Products Discussed in

To Top