1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

gofast camper customer service

Discussion in 'General 4Runner Talk' started by 87pony, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Jan 6, 2020 at 2:32 PM
    87pony

87pony [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    austin
    Vehicle:
    2018 4runner, 1987 4 runner
    quite a bit
    So I just found this interesting and figured I would share.

I contacted gofastcampers about their rooftop tent with 5th gen mount. I asked if they'd be willing to price match RIGD ($51 cheaper) so I could buy directly through them. Their response was a little suprising...not only would they not price match RIGD, they were going to get in contact with RIGD to have them change their price also so it reflected theirs. I figured they would at least price match for me since I am the one that contacted them about the difference, then have RIGD change their pricing. I mean, its $51 to gain a customer.

Honestly, this brings into major question how their customer service would be in the future. How would they treat me if I actually had an issue?

Strandskov and TRDPro916 like this.
  2. Jan 6, 2020 at 11:14 PM
    WallyT4R

WallyT4R New Member

Member:
    That's crazy but they do have probably a year wait time so they are not hurting for business and probably won't be for years, if ever. I passed on the GFC for other reasons, mainly there is no way you can store bedding in it. So you have to remove your bedding and set up your bed every time you use it. That may not seem like a big deal until you need to set up in bad weather. Multiple times. Sucks.

Strandskov and Thatbassguy like this.
  3. Jan 7, 2020 at 5:13 PM
    xyzzy

xyzzy New Member

Member:
    At the lake
    Vehicle:
    2019 Barc. Red TRD ORP
    Maybe, just maybe, their master agreement with resellers like RIGID do not allow discounts below some percentage, so this could be a valid response in lieu of suing RIGID for violating the master agreement and creating a bunch of bad blood.

I have no idea, but I have seen things like this in other consumer areas (Apple, I'm looking at you), I'd take it for face value until more information leads to another opinion.

I may be totally off-base, but still, I wouldn't get too worked up about it and it sounds like their customer service was actually willing to tell you exactly what they were going to do, so if you value honesty...

Thatbassguy likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top