1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Go Rhino roof racks comared to Crestone Sherpa

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by dbogey, Apr 25, 2024.

1. Apr 25, 2024 at 1:32 PM
    dbogey

dbogey [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    We're trying to get a Sherpa Crestone rack installed before we take off for NW Canada (from Pittsburgh) and our closet shop won't be able to get the Crestone in time and offered to put on a Go Rhino roof rack. Has anyone put one on or have comments/suggestions about the Rhino roof racks? I've got a new TRD ORP and not enough room on top.

2. Apr 25, 2024 at 1:41 PM
    PointmanUSMC

PointmanUSMC New Member

Member:
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    2023 Black TRD ORP 4 Runner Bronze Rims
    I don't have either but can only tell you what I have read as concerns so far.

It boils down to what you want to carry. Things to consider both static and dynamic load rating. There were YouTube videos floating around about a Rhino Roof rack failure on some Aussie's vehicle but it came down to being over loaded for his roof. Lots of questions on "Whats the actual 4 runner roof load rating?" Also with the Aussie in questions his Rhino rack riveted instead of bolted to the roof. You can imagine rivets in sheet metal with a dynamic load ripped right through his roof. Do your home work. Two I am considering are also the Crestone and maybe the Westcott Designs. I have no experience with either but those are the two I am considering. Good luck with your choice.

dbogey[OP] likes this.
  3. Apr 25, 2024 at 1:46 PM
    2021venture

2021venture New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Todd
    Vehicle:
    2021 Venture
    Elka 2.5, SPC UCA, durobumps, RCI full skids, RSG sliders, 10 lb Powertank, Maxtrax, Hi lift jack, Westscott Designs modular roof rack and ladder, ARB rear diff breather relocate, ECGS bushing upgrade
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2024
  4. Apr 25, 2024 at 1:48 PM
    Doglover2003

Doglover2003 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    '18 ORP w/KDSS
    My Crestone has been great the last 3 years I have had it. I had both GFC Superlite RTT and current FSR Aspen Lite RTT on. No issues with either one on the highways or off roading on fire roads and rock gardens.

Products Discussed in

To Top