1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Gen5 Limited Map Light Switch

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by ahowell1013, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Aug 31, 2017 at 11:46 AM
    ahowell1013

ahowell1013 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Vehicle:
    2016 Limited Silver
    Has anyone swapped out a failed map light switch on a Gen5 Limited 4 runner? I have pulled the console off the headliner by undoing the 2 screws in the sunglasses holder and confirmed that when I swap the left and right lamp assembly that the right is dead. The right lamp started smoking after an LED install, and then no longer works. Fuse is good and the left side is functional. Looking for any part numbers or how to instructions as I do not want to screw up the other services on the ceiling console. 2016 Limited 4Runner

2. Sep 7, 2017 at 5:32 AM
    j cat

j cat New Member

Member:
    massachusetts
    spacer lift front 1inch
    the problem was caused by the led not properly shaped and you forced it in which caused the short. I read about this with others .. some had the roof liner burned up as well. the plastic that holds the switch contacts is distorted possible you can melt down the plastic and repair it with a plastic glue gun.. not all that up on removal of that roof mounted assy ..

Products Discussed in

To Top