1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fuse for ditch pods

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by morfdq, Nov 21, 2022.

1. Nov 21, 2022 at 2:14 PM
    morfdq

morfdq [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Vehicle:
    2022 SR5 Premium
    TRD Wheels, exhaust and skid plate
    I just finished installing 4 ditch lights on my hood plus I did the Auxbeam 6 gang box and finished installing the control panel neatly inside

my question

the control panel needs to be tapped into the fuse box. It can be in the cab or or in the engine compartment. Anyone have a suggestion on which fuse I just use? This is the first time I’ve worked on a Toyota as my 2022 4R is the first Toyota I’ve owned. The control panel needs 7.5 - not a fan of wiring it to anything critical. I just don’t know what to wire it to. They did provide the “add a fuse” tap.

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Nov 22, 2022 at 6:50 AM
    iamincrediboy

iamincrediboy New Member

Member:
    South FL
    Vehicle:
    2005 V8 4Runner Limited - Silver
    There is no way that is possible it uses that much power by itself, maybe it uses 1-2amps total to work, and a 3 or 5a fuse would be just fine. Im much more inclined to think they simply included a 7.5a fuse for you in case you dont already have your own.

For example, the guys in this write up used a blank ignition switched spot in the cabin fuse panel https://trail4runner.com/2020/01/03/diy-switch-panel-switch-pros-spod-alternative/. If you search "add a fuse location" itll take you right to that picture.

Products Discussed in

To Top