1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fuel shortage overseas

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by mac1usa, Jul 4, 2022.

1. Aug 21, 2022 at 8:54 AM
    Steve40th

Steve40th New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sTEVE
    Oil being sold via Biden is being sold at record highs. And getting to China was Phillips oil selling to a hedge which was selling it to China, something along those lines. Perfectly legal. And Biden could have stopped it, which would have been perfectly legal.
    But, the oil by law, needs to be replaced. The strategic reserve is there for a reason, just like corn is a strategic crop. Yet we throw it away and put in our fuel, so we can get worse gas mileage, and pollute more due to manufacturing of ethanol.
    And Putins war is being funded due to Bidens policys causing the worlds oil prices to skyrocket, so Russias oil is selling for more. Yet, we fund Ukraine.. You cant make this crap up.

2. Aug 21, 2022 at 10:34 AM
    Captain Spalding

Captain Spalding . . .

Member:
    Well — Isn’t it great to get together for a nice chat? It gives us all a chance to get to know one another better.

3. Aug 21, 2022 at 5:20 PM
    SR5 Limited

SR5 Limited New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1996 SR5 Limited
  4. Aug 21, 2022 at 8:38 PM
    JohnD

JohnD New Member

Member:
    I'd prefer the that everyone came out of the closet. I might not agree with some folks leanings but it might be interesting to see how each "wing" tend to build and use their 4Runner.

Spare Parts and POOLGUY like this.
  5. Aug 22, 2022 at 3:43 AM
    Spare Parts

Spare Parts New Member

Member:
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    22 LR ORP
    Sherpa Crestone. 4X Innovations Sliders
    If it was Tacoma world, thread would be nuked, bans would be flying. I just got the permanent ban there for making a wise crack about the FBI. Actually, it was the truth, but someone got upset and must have hit the report button.

I am glad this isn’t TW, folks need to talk about this shit. The media just pushes their agenda and we all believe it. We need to stop just letting the media do our talking, we need to discuss and research shit. This is our country, with a government for the people, or at least it’s supposed to be. I’m sick of the extreme polarization that the extreme from each side want.
    Or, we bury our heads in the sand and hope the government finds some lube at least.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2022
    POOLGUY and Tmiesowicz like this.
  6. Aug 22, 2022 at 4:43 AM
    Tmiesowicz

Tmiesowicz New Member

Member:
    The better half of New York
    Vehicle:
    2022 sr5 premium 4x4 (sold) 2022 ram classic tradesman 5.7L 4x4 (current)
    I just wish we could put our country first & help all of our own first. Seems like we send billions to others and then tell our people to piss off and take the hit. My tax dollars shouldn’t go to another country.

kmeeg and POOLGUY like this.
  7. Aug 22, 2022 at 5:45 AM
    2ndGen22re

2ndGen22re Goldie, my 1st love & my new kid…

Member:
    First Name:
    CR
    Carson Valley, NV
    Vehicle:
    1990 22RE & 22 AG ORP KDSS
    One-at-this-price stripper. Bought new 34 yrs ago, a $13K leftover. Added Detroit TruTrac, 1”rear spring spacer and “pinstripes”… Factory AC kit and roof rack bought at dealer cost at time of purchase, still blows ice cold 32yrs later. 2022 AG ORP all stock.
    SPOT ON!

8. Aug 22, 2022 at 10:58 AM
    Overland WT

Overland WT Grumpy Old Guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    West Texas
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Off Road
    Many with many more to go
    Not politics, but facts... Trump told Germany in one of their many global summits that they HAD to mvoe away from Russian supplies since they rely so heavily on natural gas. Guess what? They didn't. They will be the first "G-7" country to have serious winter time issue this year. And they have no infrastructure, no water terminals, no conversion processing plants to keep up even remotely with the shortages. Part of that is agreements that still extend from WWII into modern day as penalties for their actions back in the day. It was a way to "reparations" the countries who lost so much during the war. japan is in a similar tariff plan but rely so much less on extraneous fuel sources. Plus they have refineries and coastal regions to accept raw crude.

When the tide shifts come November, it will be interesting how or if a change can occur and how quickly to help the global market. Living int oil rich West Texas, Midland and the Permian Basin will once again become a bastion of production. But it takes time. Time to find employees and drivers for fuel, water, sand and labor. I truly believe this will be a problem we will all live with for at least 4-5 more years, assuming we have any kind of change in the our govt focus. Electricity is on its way, but since we can't sustain our own ability to produce enough for basic living, hwo are we going to add millions of cars to that charging grid?

9. Aug 22, 2022 at 11:00 AM
    Captain Spalding

Captain Spalding . . .

Member:
  10. Aug 22, 2022 at 12:49 PM
    4runningMan

4runningMan New Member

Member:
    New Mexico
    More mature group over here than TW. Most people over here can visit about things without being a jerk.

Tmiesowicz likes this.
  11. Aug 22, 2022 at 1:09 PM
    Spare Parts

Spare Parts New Member

Member:
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    22 LR ORP
    Sherpa Crestone. 4X Innovations Sliders
    TW is just busy, it’s the busyness that’s makes it good and fun to hang around.

4runningMan[QUOTED] likes this.
  12. Aug 22, 2022 at 3:07 PM
    Deuxdiesel

Deuxdiesel New Member

Member:
    SE MI
    Vehicle:
    '18 SR5P
    I wouldn't bet the farm on a tide shift- anything can happen. Your prediction about West Texas oil production is interesting, but 4-5 years is an eternity. Even if production magically increased to full extraction capacity and infrastructure tomorrow, finding that labor force among today's future workers is a stretch. Kids today just don't want to work hard. In the past three years I have had to put over $25K into our farm house (flat roofing, new foundation drainage, asbestos removal, lead paint abatement...) for things I can no longer do because of age and work time constraints. I will give you one guess and to who DOESN'T show up for these jobs. Yep, young white males. It is always POC, and they work their asses off and I give them big tips for a job well done. This is not a political statement, just an observation. Last week there was a metal roof and siding job being done near our vet's office, and to a man it was Mennonite workers. The jobs are there, the money is there, but the entitlement overshadows all of it. The same holds true for my wife's family farm in KY, which used to grow tobacco the profits from which kept the farm in the black every year. Due to the hostilities against the Lantin immigrants who planted and harvested the tobacco, they no longer come to work, and the local farm kids won't touch it. What does this all have to do with fuel shortages? Nothing directly, except blaming it on whichever wealthy old fart occupies the White House and is always out of touch with real American people makes little sense.

Tmiesowicz likes this.
  13. Aug 22, 2022 at 3:16 PM
    Steve40th

Steve40th New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sTEVE
    Workforce is huge factor. And, once leases are bought, the oil doesnt magically start flowing. It takes time

14. Aug 22, 2022 at 3:28 PM
    Overland WT

Overland WT Grumpy Old Guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    West Texas
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Off Road
    Many with many more to go
    Just kinda basing it off of the big boom a few years ago when they found and got permission to drill all of that oil they found. One deposit has more oil than all of the middle east combined. It isn't just labor... there was no place to house these guys, no pipe, equipment, trucks to haul sand/water, limited engineers for directional drilling (smart process), an over burdened county unable to process everything legally as it was coming around, and then the labor. If a young guy was motivated, he could go work 60 hours a week for 2 years and make an easy $300k just by having a CDL. There a few companies who hired guys and brought in a CDL course instruction as a co-op for all the companies involved. When it went tits at Covid, without exaggeration, you could put nice, mostly underused furniture in 1,000's of homeless shelters. I had a friend who was hesitant to buy homes for AirBNB down there but he realized he could literally go to any apartment complex and furnish any home he wanted. Saved himself easily $30-40k in furnishings. Wish I had the cash to do it back then.

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2022-global-oil-permian-basin/

15. Aug 22, 2022 at 5:38 PM
    4runningMan

4runningMan New Member

Member:
    New Mexico
    I also agree with you. It’s fun over there. But very different “atmosphere”.

Spare Parts[QUOTED] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top