1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FS: 1996 4Runner Limited still needs some loving [Indianapolis, IN]

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runner Parts Marketplace (2010-2024)' started by Jerdavis78, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Jun 19, 2015 at 4:14 AM
    Jerdavis78

Jerdavis78 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremiah
    Vehicle:
    96 4Runner limited green
    Hello, I am not new to this forum by any means. You have all helped me in so many ways with so much invaluable information I couldn't even begin to thank you enough.

And then again. That's one of the main reasons I'm now here.

A day has come that makes me cry like a little baby.

I have to get rid of my baby.

After all the help you've given, all the work that I've been able to out into my baby I figure it's only fair to give first shot here.

Have a 96 limited 190k on the body, with a front/top half rebuild at 170k.

I will post some pictures in a bit. She does have a good amount of front end damage. The frame has been lasered, and fine. She will need an entire new dog house. But mechanically she is beyond sound. She will starry and rip off any time of the year with the first key flick. Just had coils, plugs, and wires less than 10k. 4wd drive is as solid as day one, just changed fluid and filter 10k ago with the tuneup. Had an entire suspension replacement @ 80k. Interior is in excellent condition, all leather. Only tear is in the drivers side seats.

Was planning on swapping the front end with one off a auction site I can share. Usually go for $400-$800 with closing and auction fees.

She will still make someone a GREAT truck, or a lot of money parting her out :( . I just need the money now for my family.

Asking $2k.

But if wanting for parts, we can work a deal maybe.

Only thing not good, is the entire front body, fenders, hood, grill, bumper. Lol thought the fender flares are still good.

Also, the drivers door has a large dent in it. Closes fine, but window won't go up that last inch.

All else is perfect, including a nice tight sunroof.

$1500 Michelin with 45k miles still on warranty. (Discount tire so warranty goes with the tire)

2. Jun 19, 2015 at 10:06 AM
    Bob

Bob Member Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    SoCal
    Sorry to hear. Where are you located so I can put that in the title?

3. Jun 19, 2015 at 10:44 AM
    Jerdavis78

Jerdavis78 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremiah
    Vehicle:
    96 4Runner limited green
    Indianapolis, In

Products Discussed in

To Top