1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fog lights aren't working after fang light install

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by 4RunnerRiss, Dec 16, 2023.

1. Dec 16, 2023 at 2:44 PM
    4RunnerRiss

4RunnerRiss [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    White 2020 4Runner SR5
    Okay so I have a 2020 4runner that has had raptor lights hooked into the INJ slot for about a year, which has worked great. I hooked up some fang lights yesterday, and t-tapped into the raptor lights and those are both working great. BUT now my fog lights aren't working for whatever reason, and I can't seem to figure out why. I'm under the impression that the INJ fuse slot has nothing to do with the fog lights. I've checked the fuses in the INJ slot AND the fuse for the fog lights in the cabin and they're all good. Even when I disconnect the fang lights, my fog lights still will not turn on. Any idea what may be causing this issue?

Here are the fang lights I installed: LED Fang Lights For 4Runner (2014-2023) — 4Runner Lifestyle

2. Dec 16, 2023 at 2:53 PM
    FN2187

FN2187 Stormtrooper

Member:
    Earth
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD ORP w/ KDSS
    Victory 4x4 Blitz front bumper Smittybilt 10k Synthetic Gobi Stealth no-rise RCI sliders Rago panels and shelf, dash mount RCI Alu skids Dobinsons 2.5/1.5 285/70 Cooper Discoverer Rugged Trek SSO Hitch Mounted Swingout Anytime Front/Rear Camera
    This is probably a stupid question but... did you disconnect the fog lights to install the fangs and forget to hook them back up?

3. Dec 16, 2023 at 2:54 PM
    4RunnerRiss

Member:
    Vehicle:
    White 2020 4Runner SR5
    Double checked that today and those are hooked up correctly as well! :(

4. Dec 16, 2023 at 3:12 PM
    FN2187

FN2187 Stormtrooper

Member:
    Earth
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD ORP w/ KDSS
    Victory 4x4 Blitz front bumper Smittybilt 10k Synthetic Gobi Stealth no-rise RCI sliders Rago panels and shelf, dash mount RCI Alu skids Dobinsons 2.5/1.5 285/70 Cooper Discoverer Rugged Trek SSO Hitch Mounted Swingout Anytime Front/Rear Camera
    Follow-up question. They are also turned on at the stalk I assume?

Sorry for the dumb questions but I'm an engineer so sometimes the most obvious answers are the ones often overlooked so that's where I start.

Sounds like you know what you are doing though. I've read a lot of threads about those type aftermarket lights messing with electronics on the 4runner (they are apparently finicky). But if you didn't even touch the fuse for the fogs, and you've already checked their fuses, I'm at a loss as to why they would suddenly stop working.

I had to replace one of my fog bulbs on my 2019 recently because I run them 24/7 (at the risk of being an asshole, as some have suggested :)). But I think for both to blow at the same time would be strange

5. Dec 16, 2023 at 3:15 PM
    FN2187

FN2187 Stormtrooper

Member:
    Earth
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD ORP w/ KDSS
    One more - your brights aren't on? I think the fogs turn off with high beams on

Rootie likes this.
  6. Dec 16, 2023 at 6:02 PM
    4RunnerRiss

Member:
    Vehicle:
    White 2020 4Runner SR5
    I was hoping you were right about the brights and that I accidentally flipped them on but nope! I’ll have to keep researching and maybe try wiring them elsewhere. Thank you for the suggestions!

Products Discussed in

To Top