1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fitting 33s?? Build help

Discussion in '4th Gen 4Runners (2003-2009)' started by Travvv, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Jun 21, 2018 at 6:07 PM
    Travvv

Travvv [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hey guys, looking for some help/opinions. I own a 2005 4 runner w/ the x-reas system. My goal is to fit 33 in. Nitto trail grapplers that I took off of my older truck. I am looking at the rough country 3in suspension lift ($280). I am on a budget and already have the rims/tires. Just need to create the space and I plan on doing some trimming, nothing crazy. My question is will the 3 in lift be enough? If not, what could I add onto it to create the extra space (wheel spacers?). Other than that, what are some other budget options. I plan to do all installations myself. Thanks guys! Looking forward to creating a build post once I get things rolling.

2. Jun 23, 2018 at 6:43 AM
    wnelax04sr5

wnelax04sr5 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ethan
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2004 SR5 4X4 Galactic Gray
    3" of lift will give you the space, but you're likely going to end up rubbing in the front when turning and when the suspension compresses. with the x-reas system you have two options, do a spacer lift and retain it, or completely pull it out and start over with brand new suspension. as far as budget options go you can really only do a spacer lift if you're looking to save money on it.

CollinJ and Bob like this.
  3. Jun 24, 2018 at 7:38 PM
    Saleen109

Saleen109 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Vehicle:
    2007 4Runner 4wd Sport Edition
    2/3 lift, Toyo Open Country 285/70/17 tires, 2017 rims.
    If you’re already looking at the $280 R/C kit (already has new rear shocks) all you’ll need to ditch the x-reas system is some new front struts. I bought Monroe complete strut assemblies new for less than $100 each. I had my 4Runner lifted and x-reas system completely removed in 2 hours.

Products Discussed in

To Top