1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

First Surf 1999 Second Hilux

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by claymore13, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Jun 11, 2016 at 2:53 PM
    claymore13

claymore13 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Langley, BC
    Vehicle:
    1999 Hilux Silver Surf V6
    Just waiting for the 99 Hilux Surf V6 to arrive from Japan, I take delivery July 5.

A question to my fellow Canadian Hilux owners how easy was it to install and the 4runner Headlight and front turning signals to meet the Canadian DOT. approval? Do you have to do the rear turning signals on the third Gen too?

The tires meet North American approval, other than all the importation paper work and the fun and games with CBSA when it arrives, I think I'm ready can't wait.

My son & I have already imported from Japan a Hilux 4 Door 4x4 Pick Truck. We did all the figuring & brokerage ourselves. It was an Adventure that worked out fine in the end.

So a year later I'm pulling the trigger on a 1999 Hilux Surf SSR-G for myself.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jun 11, 2016 at 5:31 PM
    Bob

Bob Member Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    SoCal
    Is this a common thing? How long did it take you?

And welcome to the site!

3. Jun 11, 2016 at 9:35 PM
    claymore13

claymore13 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Langley, BC
    Vehicle:
    1999 Hilux Silver Surf V6
    Bob, what part are you asking if it is common, the Importing ourselves part?

Once you figure out which one you want (there are a few JP websites to pick from) work the purchase details out. It takes 3 to 4weeks to ship it to the port of Vancouver Canada. Then some more paperwork to get it through CBSA and a bit more to get it licensed to drive, then your home free.

It is totally worth the hurdles. My son's 96 Hilux truck 4door crew-cab 4X4 2.4L turbo Diesel 72,000km (44,738mile) under $10,000 USD landed.
    I was looking for a 2000 Hilux Surf 3.0L diesel but I came a cross this one that I could not pass on; 1999 Surf SSR-G 4x4 loaded, everything but Leather seats V6 82,000km (50,952miles) for less than half what I was prepared to pay for a Diesel Surf.

If, for some reason, I don't like the Right hand steering in the long run I don't think I will have a problem selling it. I have driven my son's Hilux a few times, and it was a BLAST, so I'm sure the Surf will be fun too.

Bob likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top