1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Electrical problems

Discussion in '3rd Gen 4Runners (1996-2002)' started by jasonmfry, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Jan 24, 2017 at 12:19 PM
    jasonmfry

jasonmfry [OP] New Member

Member:
    I recently purchased a 97 4Runner limited for a steal of a deal (900 bucks) knowing it had some electrical issues. I narrowed down my search for the problems and found burned wires and a burned connector under the passenger kick panel. I procured a new connector (gray) and will solder the 3 green wires together so that I can continue having the ability to plug and unplug if needed. The wires that are burned are the other two wires (unknown colors, one may possibly be blue, as they are burned and fused together in nastiness). I believe the other two wires are for the passenger power seat which I plan on removing anyway as the seats are beaten up pretty good.

Now for the question....Am I figuring it out so far? Assuming they are powered by the infamous 30amp fuse at the driver's knee, Is there a way I can remove the wires from the fuse box to eliminate the need to trace and replace/ remove the burned wires for the power seat? It would be awesome if I had a wiring diagram for the seats, but an internet search and forum search have not yielded the correct diagrams so far. Thank you in advance for your help with this monster! I'm trying to get this 4runner ready for my son's first car! I love 4 runners and have owned 3 gen 3's myself, though never a limited which is proving to be a pain so far.

2. Jan 25, 2017 at 10:31 AM
    4runner52

4runner52 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Trevor
    West Slope, CO
    Vehicle:
    1999 4runner
    Toytec Ultimate Lift Spidertrax 285 Duratracs Custom Armor 22" lightbar Cobra 19 CB Other Shenanigans
    It sounds as if you have it figured out so far. Previous owner of runner smoked my harness from the rear license plate light to up under the dash. Electrical issues are a PITA.

Products Discussed in

To Top