1. Welcome to 4Runners.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all 4Runner discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other 4Runner owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Eibach vs. Bilstein ?

Discussion in '5th Gen 4Runners (2010-2024)' started by Vito Corleone, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Sep 16, 2020 at 8:46 AM
    Vito Corleone

Vito Corleone [OP] New Member

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2022 4Runner ORP
    Current Mods: 3/2 Lift Kit w/Billstein 5100’s SPC Front Upper Control Arms 285/70/17 Michelin Defender LTX TRD Pro Wheels TRD Pro Grill 20% Tint on Windows & Sunroof Pedal Commander Cold Air Kit LED Front Turn Signals Brite-Box Anytime Foglight Kit “Tail as Turn” Rear Turn Signal Kit LED Reverse Lights LED Tag Lights LED Puddle Light Pods Sequential Turn Signals N-Fab 3” Step Bars Future Mods: In-Car Camera System Rear Molle Panel Storage System Magnuson Supercharger (when available)
    Since Bilstein 5100s seem to be made out of unobtanium and are on intergalactic backorder until next Neveruary, the progress of a lift kit is on hold so I had another idea.

Return the rear Bilstein shocks I have already purchased and buy a set of front Eibach adjustable and a set of rear Eibach shocks (I’m OCD about everything matching). I already have front and rear springs from Toytec and since I have them being powder coated, I now cannot return them. My question is - should the Eibach front shocks work with the Toytec springs? I know this may be a dumb question but I would like to know before I go through the trouble of returning and purchasing more shocks.

Thank you for any information that can be provided.

Thatbassguy likes this.
  2. Sep 16, 2020 at 10:32 AM
    Vito Corleone

Vito Corleone [OP] New Member

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2022 4Runner ORP
    Current Mods: 3/2 Lift Kit w/Billstein 5100’s SPC Front Upper Control Arms 285/70/17 Michelin Defender LTX TRD Pro Wheels TRD Pro Grill 20% Tint on Windows & Sunroof Pedal Commander Cold Air Kit LED Front Turn Signals Brite-Box Anytime Foglight Kit “Tail as Turn” Rear Turn Signal Kit LED Reverse Lights LED Tag Lights LED Puddle Light Pods Sequential Turn Signals N-Fab 3” Step Bars Future Mods: In-Car Camera System Rear Molle Panel Storage System Magnuson Supercharger (when available)
    The Toytec front springs are the ones in question. They are 2 1/2 inch springs with an additional spacer for the top of the spring to get it to 3 inches.

I think the Toytec rear springs will work fine as they are 2 inch springs and the Eibach website states their rear shocks are good for up to 2.2 inches of lift.

nimby likes this.
  3. Sep 16, 2020 at 11:34 AM
    glwood54

glwood54 Stop making me buy stuff!

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    2019 OR, KDSS, RSG sliders, Eibach shocks, 265/70 Falken Wildpeaks
    The Eibach and Bilstein struts/shocks do almost the exact same thing as far as lift and compression/extension. I cannot imagine the springs would not work with either exactly the same.

When I saw this thread, I was going to suggest you return the rear shocks and order Eibach, but I wasn't sure you'd find some front Billies...

nimby likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top